New Phone, transferring all Apps etc?

One of my phones fell a few months ago and part of the screen chipped/cracked.

spacer.png    spacer.png

Since then the touch screen has been iffy to use.

I am happy with the brand and model, and am happy to get a new version.

On this phone I have Google Authenticator, which is vital not to mess up as it controls all transactions on the bitkub application etc. The banking apps are important, Grab delivery etc etc.

If getting a new phone I want to get as close to a plug and play situation as possible. Where all apps, all passwords, cached chats and information (such as finance tracker and fitness tracking history) and everything else is transferred to the new phone, without downloading them all again, signing in with username and password etc. I also was to transfer all photo and video files from the phone's memory to the new phone.

Is it possible to do this? Especially in regards to Google Authenticator and bitkub.

TIA. 

Re: Google Authenticator

1.  Open Authenticator then tap the three-dot menu icon followed by Export accounts.

2. Select Export accounts and enter your PIN code when prompted. 

3. Pick the accounts you want to transfer then tap Export Accounts.

On your new phone

1. Open Authenticator, tap Get Started

2. Tap Import existing accounts? located at the bottom of the screen.

3. Select Scan QR code and scan the Qr Codes your OLD phone is showing

Edited by MJCM
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Samsung site will help you with the transfer, it's no a complicated operation or you can do a complete backup by using Samsung app called Smart Switch, install it on your computer and it will tell you to connect the phone and what you want to backup, once completed the same app will allow you to restore the backup

2 minutes ago, MJCM said:

Re: Google Authenticator

Excellent, thanks.

1 minute ago, Mavideol said:

Samsung site will help you with the transfer, it's no a complicated operation or you can do a complete backup by using Samsung app called Smart Switch, install it on your computer and it will tell you to connect the phone and what you want to backup, once completed the same app will allow you to restore the backup

It isn't a Samsung phone. Neither will the new one be. Can still use this Samsung Smart Switch service? 

Just now, JeffersLos said:

Excellent, thanks.

It isn't a Samsung phone. Neither will the new one be. Can still use this Samsung Smart Switch service? 

I don't think so... sorry for overlooking your phone's name, I saw Android and assume it was  Samsung then realized it was a different name, Smart Switch only recognizes Samsung phones, I try to use my Google Pixel with it and told me to take a hike 555

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Good stuff above ^^^

For a non-Samsung phone try here https://www.androidcentral.com/how-transfer-data-your-old-android-phone-your-new-phone

I try that but the Google Drive stuff is not my cup of tea, it's not as easy as they make it sound and being controlled by Google and their constant request for safety of this and that and password here and password there, nope thanks but no thank

1 hour ago, Mavideol said:

For a Redmi?

35 minutes ago, carlyai said:

I used the Samsung switch phone app to my new Samsung but after all worked except Bangkok Bank app. Had to visit a branck to fix it.

Why?

I just recently switched Phones (because my old phone was broken (wouldn't start) and I could install the the BBL App on the new phone and afterwards could delete the OLD phone from within the BBL app (located under device management)

38 minutes ago, MJCM said:

Why?

I just recently switched Phones (because my old phone was broken (wouldn't start) and I could install the the BBL App on the new phone and afterwards could delete the OLD phone from within the BBL app (located under device management)

usually password gets needs a re set and can only be done at ATM or at branch if your didn't need it you're a lucky one

23 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

usually password gets needs a re set and can only be done at ATM or at branch if your didn't need it you're a lucky one

I have the BBL app installed on 2 phones and a Tablet. They only password it needed was a password you need to login Internet Banking and your userid (same as for the www site of BBL).

Yeah if you lose/forget that you need to visit a branch!

3 minutes ago, MJCM said:

I have the BBL app installed on 2 phones and a Tablet. They only password it needed was a password you need to login Internet Banking and your userid (same as for the www site of BBL).

Yeah if you lose/forget that you need to visit a branch!

After changing phones I tried to use the bangkok bank app. I usually just input my PIn number but couldn't use it. 

20 hours ago, carlyai said:

After changing phones I tried to use the bangkok bank app. I usually just input my PIn number but couldn't use it. 

same with me as explained above but it appears somebody else @MJCM didn't understand it