Battery non-chargeable + mobile despite cable unusable A1 z

My old Samsung started behaving exactly as you describe a few weeks ago. Wasn't the battery, wasn't the charger, wasn't a dirty port, did a factory reset. Still dropped to zero and wouldn't charge. Went to Samsung and a mall phone stand. Both said it was the phone. Nothing to be done. As this was my cheap backup phone, I went to AIS and got another. For the same price as the Samsung bought five years ago, got something called an Oppo. Not as good as my other top end Samsung but good enough.

There is not one specific answer. It could be one of several possible problem.

Just go to a service center and let them check it.

Last week the Samsung table from my gf didn't charge. They told me if it wasn't on warranty then they would charge 250B (about) to check what the problem is. I think that is cheap and much better than guessing.

I don't know about other companies but I guess they won't charge a lot more than that.

21 hours ago, THAIPHUKET said:

Pixel 3 was charging overnight. Before pulling the plug charge was showing only 30 % instead of 100%. Pulled the plug charge, went down to 3%. Recharge impossible +  bymobile unusable. Can it be saved or am I royally

Sound quite likely that either the charger, unlikely, battery, probable, or charging port, possible, is dead. Most good third party repairers can both test and replace the battery and charging port if needed