register new Motorbike in BKK

consulb

Hello,

first time i register a new motorbike in BKK

Which papers i will need?

- green book

- insurance papers

- proof of recidency

Anything else? Do i have to bring the motorbike with me?

Thank you

you also need a 'registration kit' which is paperwork from the factory plus receipt

you need the vehicle present as they'll need to take an impression of the VIN/engine serial, but normally when the shop does the legwork for you, they can take the impression and paperwork to the office without needing to take the actual vehicle there 

are you registering a 'new' bike for the 1st time, if so you will not have a green book,

if its a 2nd hand bike, it is best to go to DLT with the bike and owner and change to your name,

not so easy if bike is registered in another province. 

Edited by steve187

hmm..vehicles present at the DLT... Here is my situation.

I am living in BKK for many years, non o visa.

Renting  a condo in BKK. But I also rent a small condo in chiang mai. I spent a few weeks in BKK and a few weeks in CM. Back and forth.

So my plan was to buy a new scooter in CM. I don't need a scooter in BKK. The dealer in CM said no problem, he will register. Just need proof of residence. But i cant apply in CM as i am registered in BKK. On my last trip to BKK i applied already for proof of residence paper. Will receive next week i think. I thought with my next upcoming trip to BKK I will register my bike at DLT, and then I will take the license plate with me back to CM.

But if I have to take the bike with me to the DLT in BKK then it will  be difficult. And i also not want to buy a new scooter in bkk and drive up to CM  

Any solutions for this problem?

Thank you

So we can't have residencies in two cities? How did they check anyway?

The solution is to buy a motorbike at the city that you lives most of the time, and rent a motorbike at the city that you live less often.

I live mostly in Chiang Mai but would like to rent a bike when I go to Bangkok. How much is the rental there anyway?

27 minutes ago, consulb said:

hmm..vehicles present at the DLT... Here is my situation.

I am living in BKK for many years, non o visa.

Renting  a condo in BKK. But I also rent a small condo in chiang mai. I spent a few weeks in BKK and a few weeks in CM. Back and forth.

So my plan was to buy a new scooter in CM. I don't need a scooter in BKK. The dealer in CM said no problem, he will register. Just need proof of residence. But i cant apply in CM as i am registered in BKK. On my last trip to BKK i applied already for proof of residence paper. Will receive next week i think. I thought with my next upcoming trip to BKK I will register my bike at DLT, and then I will take the license plate with me back to CM.

But if I have to take the bike with me to the DLT in BKK then it will  be difficult. And i also not want to buy a new scooter in bkk and drive up to CM  

Any solutions for this problem?

Thank you

You can register in CM with the document from Bkk and you will get a Bkk plate in CM. I did the same in another province.

@msbkk

ok, that sounds good. So i can go with my proof of recidence paper from BKK to the DLT in CM, and then i get there a license plate with BKK signs. I always thought i have to go to the DLT in the aera where i am registerd, in my case BKK?