Sleeping with trash is quite normal; I didn't have time to throw it away, claims man in horrendous hoarding case

webfact

image.jpeg

Sanook Thai Caption: Sleeping with trash was normal for him

Sanook went to investigate at a rental property in Ao Thong, Krabi after an online post and video showed a room being forced open by the owner. It was full of trash.

They spoke to Suphachoke, 36, who was interviewed by police after a report was filed at the local station by owner Bunsri Ubon, 72.

They were discussing more than 10,000 baht in unpaid rent.

He "wai-ed" the old lady and it was agreed he would pay the money owed in monthly installments.

Suphachoke said he worked from dawn to dusk and didn't have time to throw out his trash over the last 2 years. 

He is a security guard and drives a van for a hotel catering to tourists in Ao Nang. 

Living with trash was part of his normal daily life, he claimed. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-07-04

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Easiest way to own or rent a car in Thailand - click here to find out more!

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

• Sad 4
  • Haha 1

The really worrying bit is his statement that he works from dawn to dusk, with one of the jobs being as a security guard and the other as a driver for a hotel catering for tourists.

With those hours, he probably is asleep half the time as a guard and no doubt some of the time when driving the van.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Anant72 said:

This is a mental condition called syllogiomania or compulsive hoarding. I know a Thai couple like this, their house is cluttered with  mountains of plastic and cardboard boxes, plastic bags and other wrappings, all kinds of other junk and have a very small space to live in. They are happy that way.

my mom was this way..died in her mess of trash....we had to wear hazmat suits to clean the house...urine in bottles...fridge taped shut..she had diabetes and got worse....she always loved to shop and it got out of control..happens alot when empty nest--kids leave home etc,,,,,,

i kind of have that impulse bug to the high of the buy thing but seeing her demise of it had led me to a simple minimal life..everything i now own all fits in my car and i travel with a carry on