Devastation: Man with bong and two Makro staffers in hospital after late night collision

webfact

image.jpeg

77kaoded Thai Caption: (Man) with bong goes through checkpoint, goes wrong way and hits two women

Police and rescue services were called to the area outside the Miami market on Sukhumvit Road in Samut Prakan around 11.30 pm last night.

77kaoded reported that a man on a motorcycle aged about 20-25 had gone through a police search checkpoint without stopping and had collided with two ladies on another bike after going the wrong way down the road. 

The ladies work at the Mini Makro store in the market.

They were named as Aphanya, 29, and Suphasorn aged about 30-35.

All three were seriously injured and taken to hospital. 

A video showed a scene of utter devastation.

The media reported and showed on the video a bamboo bong that had been tied to the back of the man's waistband. 

image.jpeg

Picture: 77kaoded

They mentioned a "paranoid" ganja attack in their headline.

The checkpoint was 1 km from the accident. Fearing trouble from having the bong the man raced off and was chased by police before he did a U-turn and went the wrong way.

Witnesses are helping police with their inquiries as the victims recover in hospital. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-07-04

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Easiest way to own or rent a car in Thailand - click here to find out more!

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

2 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

First of many to come.

Yep, first of many. No more scooter for me. Sticking with the truck from hereon.

In the west, people know better than to drive high because of heavy LE presence, regular checkpoints, and serious consequences.

Many Thais (like certain spouses of high-ranking US politicians) don't have that maturity level.

No, I'm not leaving....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Reposed said:

Yep, first of many. No more scooter for me. Sticking with the truck from hereon.

In the west, people know better than to drive high because of heavy LE presence, regular checkpoints, and serious consequences.

Many Thais (like certain spouses of high-ranking US politicians) don't have that maturity level.

No, I'm not leaving....

Where did it say the man was high (or stoned)?

He obviously hasn't been aware that weed and smoking accessories are all good and legal and was worried about that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Reposed said:

No, I'm not leaving....

Couldn't sound more codger if you tried.

At what point do you just give in and let the misery define you?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, LukKrueng said:

Where did it say the man was high (or stoned)?

He obviously hasn't been aware that weed and smoking accessories are all good and legal and was worried about that.

The thing is, even if he had a bag of weed to ease the meth comedown, weed will be the culprit.

If he had a couple cans of Leo in tow, would they even have mentioned it?

marijuana rarely if ever causes a psychotic break and destructive behavior, and this guy didn't run the wrong way through a roadblock because he was high on pot. There are unexplained circumstances here. The bong is a side issue.

Edited by n00dle
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, n00dle said:

The thing is, even if he had a bag of weed to ease the meth comedown, weed will be the culprit.

If he had a couple cans of Leo in tow, would they even have mentioned it?

marijuana rarely if ever causes a psychotic break and destructive behavior, and this guy didn't run the wrong way through a roadblock because he was high on pot. There are unexplained circumstances here. The bong is a side issue.

'rarely if ever'.!! today u mean? ????

Amazed that most of the comments are about the pros and cons of smoking dope.

Thought the above posting was about three seriously injured, because as usual, one moron went the wrong way down the road on his motorcycle.

At least, I hope the two ladies recover.

As for the <deleted>...............

20 hours ago, webfact said:

The checkpoint was 1 km from the accident. Fearing trouble from having the bong the man raced off and was chased by police before he did a U-turn and went the wrong way.

Bonged up to banged up?