Email 'disappeared' - how to recover?8

YorkshireTyke

I received an email from my former employer with a pension quote in a password protected file as an attachment.

I first received the notification on my phone, I read the message but I couldn't open the attachment 

as I didn't have a zip file app on my phone.

So opened the message on my laptop but the attachment didn't open, the three dots were blinking at the top of the screen so I presume trying to download it, it's actually a quotation pack, not one sheet. Tried a few times but it didn't open so tried on my old laptop which3 I use for downloading movies etc and storing pics etc. 

Now I can't see it on any device. I've looked in the deleted folder, spam folder and done a search for the sender, nothing. I've checked if the sender could have recalled it and apparently they can't.

So, where is it? Anyone any ideas? It's Yahoo.com email.

I have written to my employer to resend it but it's a big organisation so I get an auto reply saying they will reply in 10-15 days.3

21 minutes ago, YorkshireTyke said:

I received an email from my former employer

Why don't you ask him to send it again?

And possibly you will find out that he never sent it and that it was a virus which your computer deleted - possibly.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Why don't you ask him to send it again?

And possibly you will find out that he never sent it and that it was a virus which your computer deleted - possibly.

If you read my post I did ask them to resend it.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, YorkshireTyke said:

Yes, there they all are, thankyou. 

Sorry, I made a mistake, the files in the downloads folder were estimates I had generated myself.

The files are actually password protected also, the ones in my downloads folder opened without the password.

Plus what has happened to the main message giving me the password info etc?

Still a mystery.

1 hour ago, YorkshireTyke said:

If you read my post I did ask them to resend it.

Ok, I apologize. It seems I didn't read your post to the end.

My main concern was/is that this mail was never sent from them but from someone else who try to infect your computer.

• Like 1