good golf deals?

capcase

i am planning a trip to bkk and phuket this year, won't bring in my clubs,  interested in playing 2~3 rounds of golf in twilight. couple questions: how much for renting the club? and average cost for green fee & golf cart/candie?recommend courses.

thanks in advance.

Edited by capcase

club rental not that expensive.  since you want twilight or maybe night golf, check those courses in the areas you will visit to see if they have night golf too.  Bangkok Golf used to have night golf, I played many a day and night rounds there!

Green fees depends on where you want to play in LOS.

I don't know (as of today) but there used to be a 9 hole night course called Phunaka at Chalong, Phuket but I'm unsure if its still operating.

I know of no quality Phuket courses that offer night golf. Day golf on the island I'd suggest Laguna, Mission Hills (superb course), Loch Palm,  Red Mountain, Blue Canyon are very good to great course - all day-play courses though.

Pattaya:

Laem Chabang International Country Club is an 18 hole night golf spot and was (?) quite a decent course (played there a few years back but can't say what its like now).

If you want premium courses then expect as a visitor to pay upwards of $200 AUD a round with cart (caddy NOT included). Good courses cost upwards of $100 AUD a round, Kingdom wide. Caddy payment, and tipping extras ranges widely so I'd ask other local golfers about whats reasonable to pay.

I'd offer to you to remember Thai caddies make their living from us so be as generous (without being crazy) as you can.

Courses that satellite BKK can come in at half that cost, some poor quality courses even cheaper (there are quite a few courses within an hour, hour and half ride taxi ride of the centre of BKK). Taxis are cheap, and as long as you don't ride in peak-hour times will get you out of the city and on your way reasonably quickly.

Club hire can cost from somewhere around 500 to a few thousands of baht for a set (again depends on the quality/grade of the courses you play at).

If you Google search 'Thailand golf courses' for the areas you might be and want to play the search engine will give at least the names and often links to course websites where you can plan and calculate almost exactly what you'll pay for the rounds you hope to enjoy.

You can message courses and book dates as well as ask for clubs (if you use longer length shaft clubs, or want blades, muscle-backs or cavity backed clubs you can ask for your preference).

They may or may not be able to oblige. Good courses will have better quality and ranges of hire clubs. 

22 hours ago, capcase said:

i found a good app: golfdigg

one extra question, is tip on top of  caddy fee? golfdigg shows caddy fee around 400 baht, then how much is the tip considered generous but not crazy? 

300 baht around Pattaya, some of the "better" courses expect 400 or more.