The History of Thai Stick

As it has been mentioned many times on this forum, I thought this article would be of interest.

Ask ten stoners about Thai Stick and you’re likely to get ten different answers, and not just because they’re stoners. The fame of Thai Stick is such that some forty years after it disappeared there’s still confusion about what it actually was. I’ve been told by various people that it was a strain, it was just a transport method, it was a kind of blunt and that it was just a marketing ploy. The answer to all of those is a little yes and a big NO. 

I first heard about the legendary Thai Stick when I was a kid in the late seventies, looking up to older delinquent kids who would talk about copping some Thai. Years later, I would buy something called Thai Stick in a Brooklyn park which turned out to be a baggy holding two bamboo skewers with weed tied to them. The dealer told me we would get super high, which we didn’t, because it wasn’t. 

Read on here: https://www.leafie.co.uk/articles/thai-stick-history-cannabis/

Bought my first Thai Sticks in Bangkok...

Coming from India, Pakistan and Afghanistan (when nobody not from there had ever heard of Afghanistan), and all the amazing "charas" there, I wasn't that impressed..

Cheap though..

Also possible to buy packets of "Marlboro" that had all the tobacco replaced with Thai weed. Cool.

Edited by bobbin
  • Like 1

Legend has it that the famous "Mullumbimby madness" was from a strain of Thai buddha that was grown in Australia. It's also the reason Aussies call their pot mull, and love to mull up lol.

https://friendlyaussiebuds.com/australian-cannabis-education/mullumbimby-madness/#:~:text=call Mullum Madness.-,Down by Main Arm,Arm%2C just outside of Mullumbimby.

Edited by starky
  • Love It 1