Jump to content

COVID-19 infections in Thailand expected to peak again in September


webfact
 Share

Recommended Posts

image.jpeg

 

Daily COVID-19 infections are expected to peak at about 4,000 cases in September and outdoor mask wearing is still necessary, though voluntary, while the COVID-19 Alert Level will remain at 2, according to senior officials of the Ministry of Public Health.

 

Chief of the Disease Control Department’s Epidemiology Division Chakkarat Pittayawonganon said

Tuesday that data on infections from the 22nd to 26th weeks of this year clearly show a rising trend, especially in Bangkok and touristic provinces, despite fewer infections being reported by the government this week.

 

He said that the infection curve will climb steeply, to its peak of about 4,000 cases a day in September, from about 2,000 cases this week, if the relaxation of COVID-19 measures since June remains unchanged, including voluntary mask wearing.

 

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/covid-19-infections-in-thailand-expected-to-peak-again-in-september/

 

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2022-07-06
 

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

 

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

Link to post
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, webfact said:

He said that the infection curve will climb steeply, to its peak of about 4,000 cases a day in September

Lol, it's going to climb far quicker than that and far higher unless they really scale back the testing

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

And for the people that say Covid is the flu. Or compare it to the flu. 
Well the flu is a once per year thing.  Covid so far is an all year thing. 

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, swm59nj said:

And for the people that say Covid is the flu. Or compare it to the flu. 
Well the flu is a once per year thing.  Covid so far is an all year thing. 

Are you saying you only catch one flu per year?  My flu vaccine prevents four flu strains ?  I'd think you could catch four different flu type; one each. The info I read said it was for the 4 most likely flu strains but you could catch unlikely flu strain with bad luck.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Only low income countries care about covid infections. 

God didn't bless everyone. 

When I travel, I always have 50,000usd emergency medical insurance.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Johnnyngai said:

Only low income countries care about covid infections. 

God didn't bless everyone. 

When I travel, I always have 50,000usd emergency medical insurance.  

not much good if the medics can't fix you

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, IAMHERE said:

Are you saying you only catch one flu per year?  My flu vaccine prevents four flu strains ?  I'd think you could catch four different flu type; one each. The info I read said it was for the 4 most likely flu strains but you could catch unlikely flu strain with bad luck.

The flu vaccine has to cover several strains because of the long lead time to develop, produce, and distribute the vaccine. So when the process starts, it isn't known which strain will predominate. The vaccine is made to protect against the strains most likely to spread widely. In the future it may be possible to apply mRNA technology to produce more effective flu vaccines with a shorter development lead time.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...