Documentation Required for Re-Entry Permit at Immigration Office Suvarnabhumi Airport

I just recently received my Non-O retirement visa extension.  This will be my first time traveling outside of Thailand under that visa.

Can anyone tell me what documentation the Immigration Office at Suvarnabhumi Airport will require to process my re-entry permit?  Is my  passport and fee all that's required?  Roughly how long does the whole process take?

Thanks in advance...

9 minutes ago, NotReallyHere said:

Good to know.  Thanks.  I'll do that when I renew next year.

I just renewed my annual ext (at Korat) a few days ago, at the same time I got a single re-entry as I'm making a trip out in a couple of months. It didn't take any longer and cost 1000Bt.

Pre-pandemic every year when I did my annual renew I always got a multi-re-entry permit at the same time, as back then I was making frequent holidays to Cambo/Lao/Nam. Hopefully I'll get back to that lifestyle in 2023.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NotReallyHere said:

Can anyone tell me what documentation the Immigration Office at Suvarnabhumi Airport will require to process my re-entry permit? 

At Suvarnabhumi they provide a service to fill in form photo etc.

200baht.

I prefer to do it myself.

TM8 with photo.

Photocopy photo page. 

Most recent entry stamp

Current extension stamp.

1000baht single and 3800multiple reentry permit. 

The office is located just past security check and prior to passport control.

Zone 2. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

At Suvarnabhumi they provide a service to fill in form photo etc.

200baht.

I prefer to do it myself.

TM8 with photo.

Photocopy photo page. 

Most recent entry stamp

Current extension stamp.

1000baht single and 3800multiple reentry permit. 

The office is located just past security check and prior to passport control.

Zone 2. 

That sounds easy enough.  Think I'll do it myself also...

Thanks...

1 minute ago, NotReallyHere said:

That sounds easy enough.  Think I'll do it myself also...

Thanks...

Up to the individual.

I do it myself.

As mentioned above when I do my extensions at CW, I don't bother to obtain another ticket for reentry desk.

I find the airport service very quick and easy.

BTW for anyone obtaining reentry at DMK the office is just the other side of passport control.

• Thanks 2

Sorry to jump on this post but i will be going for xmas to uk moved here just before covid so not been back to uk since.

So have never used a re entry permit before do i need to do anything special on re entry or just show it to passport control officer thank you for any help 

4 hours ago, dick turpin said:

Could have got your re~entry permit

same time as your extension.

I cannot at CW. It involves a whole other queue system after getting the extension which can add hours to the day inc heavy traffic getting out afterwards. Much simpler at airport for me.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Binger said:

So have never used a re entry permit before do i need to do anything special on re entry or just show it to passport control officer thank you for any help 

If they are issuing TM6 arrival cards write your re-entry permit number in the space for a visa number on it.

The show the re-entry permit to the officer and double check your arrival stamp is correct before leaving the arrival immigration area.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BritTim said:

Indeed, it is possible. Personally, I do not. There are two reasons. First, I am never sure of my travel plans, and I do not want to waste money and space in my passport for a re-entry permit I may never use. Second, at the immigration office I use, it can add hours to an already long immigration office visit. For me, getting the re-entry permit at the airport is just quicker and easier.

Years ago that used to be the case in Chiang Mai however for the last few years they issue at the same time as the extension.

Slowly slowly becoming more efficient.

On 7/6/2022 at 11:35 AM, dick turpin said:

Indeed, it is a one stop process at Korat and always get a re~entry

permit along with extension. Hear too many stories of folk forgetting

to get permit at the airport......and that is their hard earned extension

busted.

leaving an important step like your re-entry stamp to the very last minute has always seemed like a risky thing to me. 

55 minutes ago, grain said:

leaving an important step like your re-entry stamp to the very last minute has always seemed like a risky thing to me. 

Nothing risky about it in the slightest.

The process takes about 10 minutes at the airport. 

4 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Nothing risky about it in the slightest.

The process takes about 10 minutes at the airport. 

many a slip between the cup and the lip mate. but whatever, if someone wants to do it at the airport that's fine. ????