Mob attack leads man needing nearly 100 stitches

webfact

image.jpeg

77kaoded Thai caption: Young people fighting

A video from Samut Prakan at the weekend showed a man being savagely attacked by an armed gang including women.

At one point the man who had already been attacked could be seen having his head smashed into the tarmac apparently by a woman.

WARNING: The video may be disturbing for some viewers. Discretion is advised! Video of the violent attack can be seen HERE.

It started at a pub then continued in the area of Project 14 at 2 am on Saturday night in Phraeksa Road. 

77kaoded reported that a 31 year old man needed nearly 100 stitches to head wounds. 

It seemed to be a territorial dispute between gangs. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-07-06

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

26 minutes ago, bbko said:

If this was in "Merica", a few guns would have been pulled before the first punch was thrown.

Guessing you're going by media accounts about gun crimes in America? Actually, if you ever lived there, you would know that most gun crimes are suicides and gang related. Yes, there are more multiple shootings there than anywhere else, although it does happen here, which is a major problem, but mental illness is everywhere, followed by crime and killings of all means, and that's the main reason for crime anywhere. Thailand has as many, or more gun deaths per capita than America. In America, people, besides gangs,  usually fight their fights with fists, and rarely pull a gun out. Here, they are a weaker male population, with the exception of Muay Thai fighters and those who actually can fight, and are used to fighting in numbers because of yes, cowardice, and also pull out guns and machetes to settle a fight here a lot.

Edited by fredwiggy
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Guessing you're going by media accounts about gun crimes in America? Actually, if you ever lived there, you would know that most gun crimes are suicides and gang related. Yes, there are more multiple shootings there than anywhere else, although it does happen here, which is a major problem, but mental illness is everywhere, followed by crime and killings of all means, and that's the main reason for crime anywhere. Thailand has as many, or more gun deaths per capita than America. In America, people, besides gangs,  usually fight their fights with fists, and rarely pull a gun out. Here, they are a weaker male population, with the exception of Muay Thai fighters and those who actually can fight, and are used to fighting in numbers because of yes, cowardice, and also pull out guns and machetes to settle a fight here a lot.

False.  US gun homicides are 5.9 per 100,000 capita and trending up.  Thailand gun homicides are 0.69 per capita and trending down.  So America has 8.55 times more gun homicide deaths than Thailand.  Total gun deaths are 12.09 per capita for the US and 1.88 per capita for Thailand so America wins there too.

https://www.gunpolicy.org/firearms/region/united-states

In America you can have a higher chance than in Thailand of being randomly shot in an elementary school, supermarket or parade.  Of course, most of these mass shooters are snowflake weak farang males.   I guess they don't need to 10 vs 1 when they have assault rifles.  Or when they can 1 vs 1 against an Asian woman half their size.

https://globalnews.ca/news/6906523/woman-attacked-vancouver-assault/

• Like 1

I still don't get the heading above, and didn't see a guy getting his head smashed into the ground, looked like a woman to me.

The above said, utter cowards, the lot of them, 5 years solitary should do the trick, and as for the female, put her in a male prison, sorted !

1 hour ago, 4MyEgo said:

I still don't get the heading above, and didn't see a guy getting his head smashed into the ground, looked like a woman to me.

Ladyboy?

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, zakalwe said:

False.  US gun homicides are 5.9 per 100,000 capita and trending up.  Thailand gun homicides are 0.69 per capita and trending down.  So America has 8.55 times more gun homicide deaths than Thailand.  Total gun deaths are 12.09 per capita for the US and 1.88 per capita for Thailand so America wins there too.

https://www.gunpolicy.org/firearms/region/united-states

In America you can have a higher chance than in Thailand of being randomly shot in an elementary school, supermarket or parade.  Of course, most of these mass shooters are snowflake weak farang males.   I guess they don't need to 10 vs 1 when they have assault rifles.  Or when they can 1 vs 1 against an Asian woman half their size.

https://globalnews.ca/news/6906523/woman-attacked-vancouver-assault/

You missed the point and looked for a link to dispute because you never lived there, like I did for 62 years, and didn't see any gun crime in all that time, especially seeing I lived near NYC and San Antonio all that time, sold guns for years, and hunted for most of my life, so I was totally involved in gun stats. In America, there are more mass shootings yes, but as far as one on one, the gun crime here is equivalent. Trying to compare the average male in America versus Thailand isn't cutting it, as the majority of males in the US fight with fists one on one, versus the majority here that do it one against many. This I heard at least 30 years before I moved here. Intentional homicide rates are higher here than the US. There are many gangs here, that kill almost daily, just like the US. Yes, the US has a problem with gun deaths, and it's on the way to a change. People should understand that everyone in the US has relations that come from every country on earth. There are no real native Americans besides the possibility of Indians, who still came here from elsewhere. One thing you do NOT hear about here is the total amount of any crimes, especially involving guns, as the media does a very poor job of bringing it to the public eye, unlike in the US, where you hear about anything, anywhere from many TV stations, and internet news. Most news here involves snakes found in houses, road deaths, gold theft and things about the King, besides the Covid thing, which is still far behind what is actually happening here.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

One thing you do NOT hear about here is the total amount of any crimes, especially involving guns, as the media does a very poor job of bringing it to the public eye, unlike in the US, where you hear about anything, anywhere from many TV stations, and internet news. 

Ah I love this.  America doesn't have a high gun death toll, it's "the media" who are to blame for reporting it - that's why it seems like a lot.  Bad media, bad bad media.

Got it.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

Ah I love this.  America doesn't have a high gun death toll, it's "the media" who are to blame for reporting it - that's why it seems like a lot.  Bad media, bad bad media.

Got it.

The best advice I could give you is not post a reply unless you've read all of the post. This wasn't about gun deaths anywhere, but what happened here and why it does. My reply was to another who mentioned that America has people who pull out guns instead of fists for a fight. He also obviously never lived there.

Edited by fredwiggy
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

He also obviously never lived there.

I was born and raised in Los Angeles CA, moved around after the age of 18, worked 20+ years as a paramedic, so "obviously" you don't know what you're talking about.

On 7/6/2022 at 9:24 AM, RichardColeman said:

Said it before, find them an automatically enroll them in the army for 5 years. Youth would think more of it if they knew they would be sent down south for years

Can't agree. People act on the spur of the moment, they rarely think of the consequences when they commit crime.  By way of an example, look at the US, I think I'm correct in saying that they have some of the toughest jail sentences in the West, if not the World yet their jails are full and crime rates are high. Thailand itself hands out  lengthy jail sentences for drugs offences yet it has a significant drugs problem.

Jail and national service may be two different things but I'd rather spend five years in the army than five years in jail.  Neither seem to work as a deterrent though.  Violent crime is often linked to alcohol - maybe that's what needs looking at?

Away from the eyes of tourists, Thai society, that is supposed to be pacifist and non-confrontational, seems anything but.  There are often reports of similar events in the Thai media. Then there is the hugely violent 'rivalry' between pupils at Technical Colleges in Bangkok.

18 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

"In America, people, besides gangs,  usually fight their fights with fists, "

I would say that in America very few adults ever get into actual physical fights of any kind.

I have lived in the same 12 unit apartment complex for 20 years, in that time their was one chest-thumping confrontation between 2 residents that did not result in fighting, and no fights. I am retirement age now and I have never witnessed a workplace fight.  

Young men in their teens and twenties maybe, but past that physical violence is rare in the majority of the population.

People who live in or frequent places where violence is common will naturally over-estimate the occurrences of violence.

Similarly, frequent drinkers think everybody drinks frequently when in fact frequent drinking is common to just over half the population. These two things are also closely related, lots of fights are alcohol related. Total hearsay/anecdotal, but a cop in Washington state once told me he had never been called out on a domestic that did not involve alcohol or drugs.

"85.6 percent of people ages 18 and older reported that they drank alcohol at some point in their lifetime,1 69.5 percent reported that they drank in the past year,2 and 54.9 percent (59.1 percent of men in this age group and 51.0 percent of women in this age group3) reported that they drank in the past month.3"

https://www.niaaa.nih.gov/publications/brochures-and-fact-sheets/alcohol-facts-and-statistics