Replacing Lost Driving License - Pattaya

dsfbrit

I have to renew my 5 year driving licenses (car and bike) by my birthday on 31st July 2022.

In about 3 weeks time.

I cannot find them anywhere. They are always in my wallet. I took them out last week to make sure they did expire this month and I must have put them down somewhere. I have looked everywhere.

I have checked what I need to do to get replacements. It seems to be no real hassle.

However, the timing of the trip to the Licensing centre seems quite important.

I think if I go to the licensing centre before July 31st, then I will get a replacement for just just the 3 weeks until July 31st 2022.

Is that right?

If I wait until August 1st to replace the licenses and get the 'nearly' 6 years license that we get if we wait until the licenses expires - then that would be better.

However, I have read that I cannot get a lost license replaced if it is expired and I may have to take my test again?

Also, I am 68 this month and I believe I have to apply for a new license when I am 70 anyway.

A bit of a mess and the timing is crucial it seems.

Maybe I should get my lawyer involved, but I prefer to sort these things out myself if I can.

If for no other reason than they aren't cheap.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Dear mods, if this is in the wrong forum would you please move it for me. Thanks

Edited by dsfbrit

VocalNeal

Thanks for the reply and the advice.

Yes you are right. I have to make a police report and take it to DLT.

It is an easy process I have read elsewhere.

I have copies of the licenses so that should help.

My thinking was that as my license(s) expire on July 31st - in just 3 weeks - I would like to just do the 5 year extension whilst I am there - if that is possible.

I have thought about this some more and I have decided to make it a 2-step process.

1. I will replace these lost licenses today.

2. I will then make a separate trip when the licenses have expired to renew them. That way I will get the new licenses for nearly 6 years as I have done before.

Thanks again

Edited by dsfbrit