Re entering Thailand with a re-entry permit

I have looked on here & around the web for my answers but cannot find the info I want.

I am returning to Thailand after a trip back to the UK, first time using a re-entry permit on my current retirement extension of an O visa.

My 90 day report was due late June, while I was out of the country.

I will stay 1 night in a hotel near the airport then fly up to Udon the day after (Saturday).

Do I need to report to Udon immigration and just do a normal 90 day report on the Monday? or will I have to provide the girlfriends ID, house book plus copies etc to prove my address again?.

Thanks for any information given.

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Adiudon said:

Do I need to report to Udon immigration and just do a normal 90 day report on the Monday?

When you leave the country your 90 days came to an end. When you arrive back you will be on day one of a new 90 day period, no need for a report until end of new period.

When you arrive at immigration, if you are not already aware you should put the re-entry permit number on the TM6 where it asks for visa number.

TM30 is another matter, where I live it is not necessary if returning to the same address but it varies and someone from Udon may advise.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Mahseer said:

TM6 are abolished but if for some obscure reason get reinstated your visa number is as on the reentry permit as stated.

Think you will find the extension stamp has different # to reentry permit.

In any event if arrival card is required then put the # that is written on your reentry permit.

BTW always check the admit till date on stamp as you are leaving passport control. 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Mahseer said:

TM6 are abolished but if for some obscure reason get reinstated your visa number is as on the reentry permit as stated.

That is not the information available from immigration or the cabinet meeting on June 9th

they have been temporarily shelved to alleviate congestion as international arrival numbers have increased.

They may never be reintroduced but for the moment they are not abolished

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Adiudon said:

Thanks guys, I would have been entering the number of my original O visa number on the TM6.

I've struggled to find any info on re entering.

If you need to fill in a form then enter a number it will be the re-entry permit number.

46 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Think you will find the extension stamp has different # to reentry permit.

In any event if arrival card is required then put the # that is written on your reentry permit.

We both state that the number on the reentry permit is the one to use on the TM6 if its around.

Regarding the TM6 I agree abolish is the incorrect term, suspension is the word used by the government.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Mahseer said:

We both state that the number on the reentry permit is the one to use on the TM6 if its around.

Regarding the TM6 I agree abolish is the incorrect term, suspension is the word used by the government.

And by recent reports even the suspension is debatable as it seems many people are still getting them issued by airlines and accepted by IOs .

Edited by sometimewoodworker