When to apply for Thai visa (from U.K.)

Good day all,

A quick question if I may please !

I'm finally going to Thailand in October this year (yay! after more than 2 years away!).

I'm leaving UK October 12, and will be there  for 57 days. I have set up an account with the e- visa ...In the good old days ! (pre covid!). I could just phone up my local Thai consulate, tell them when I was going, and they'd arrange a date for me to go there, and get my visa whilst I wait..

I realise the visa can be issued a certain time before departure time...but cant remember how long that is! So basically. what would be the best/earliest time, for me to apply for my online e-visa (from the U.K) for an October 12 flight  please?

I'm coming back  to the U.K.early December, then going again To Thailand in January, this trip will be for 80 something days..I assume I just apply (as soon as I get back home!) for a 60 day e-visa, then get another 30 day extension whilst I'm in Thailand next March ish time?

Many thanks!

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You could apply for it a month before your departure date.

A single entry tourist visa is valid to use for entry got 3 months from the day it issued.

Many thanks for that,

I think I will apply for my October trip visa, in late August/early September...Im back on the 7th (or 8th?!) of December, I will apply for my January (12th). trip as soon as I land back in blighty!

9 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Not sure what Thai Consulates are open, the Hull website said permanently closed.

http://www.thaiconsul-uk.com

I used to use the Consulate in Cardiff..Alas its now closed..hence my questions.

It "used" to be a doddle, phone up, to make an appt. turn up with money, passport and photos, visa would be done in 10 minutes!

10 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Not sure what Thai Consulates are open, the Hull website said permanently closed.

http://www.thaiconsul-uk.com

They are all closed. The only way to apply for a visa now in the UK is online. The visa, if approved, is sent to your email address as a PDF file. There is no need to send off your passport any longer.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DoctorB said:

They are all closed. The only way to apply for a visa now in the UK is online. The visa, if approved, is sent to your email address as a PDF file. There is no need to send off your passport any longer.

Correct. I used the service last December. Irish national & I applied for a non O based on marriage. 

Very easy to use Web portal & a quick & efficient turn around. 

8 hours ago, rebbu said:

Correct. I used the service last December. Irish national & I applied for a non O based on marriage. 

Very easy to use Web portal & a quick & efficient turn around. 

Agreed. I too found it easy to use and got the visa in just over 24 hours.

• Like 1