Phuket Calls Up Volunteers After Over 40 Quakes In The Andaman Sea Over 2 Days

webfact

image.jpeg

Map showing location of the quakes published by India.com

TNR Staff

WITH over 40 earthquakes of 4.0 – 4.9 magnitude having occurred in the Andaman Sea off Andaman and Nicobar Islands since Monday (July 4) Phuket Earthquake Monitoring and Surveillance Centre 6 July called all volunteers to report to alarm towers along the Andaman coast to prepare for possible emergency and educate people about tsunami, Workpointtoday.com said.

However the United States Geological Survey said that a quake of 5.4 magnitude occurred in the sea 219 kilometres southeast of Port Blair, the capital city of  India’s Andaman and Nicobar Islands, at 00:26:57 UTC (Coordinated Universal Time) or 7:26:57 a.m. this morning in Thailand.

The Thai Meteorological Department said these quakes occurred because of a movement of faults with shear force. 

Full story: https://thainewsroom.com/2022/07/06/phuket-calls-up-volunteers-after-over-40-quakes-in-the-andaman-sea-over-2-days/

tn.jpg

-- © Copyright  THAI NEWSROOM 2022-07-07

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

• Haha 1

We reckon we had a little bit of slight trembling of ornaments around the house in Layan/Naithon 2 days ago. I could swear I saw ripples in a coffee I was drinking and in the (moments before) still pool water at about 10 a.m. on Tuesday ! I sh.t you not! Hope we don't get some nasty subduction thing again. Tsunami's while nature just doing its thing ... suck!

• Like 1