Heavy rains forecast for most of Thailand July 9-14

webfact

image.jpeg

Heavy to very heavy rain is forecast for most of Thailand, from Saturday until next Thursday, which may trigger flash floods and overflows in some areas, the Meteorological Department warned today (Thursday).

The department said that the southwestern monsoon, prevailing over the Andaman Sea and the Gulf of Thailand, is forecast to intensify during the period, while the monsoon trough will move through the northern and upper north-eastern regions between July 10th and 12th, towards an intensifying low-pressure cell over the northern part of the South China Sea.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/heavy-rains-forecast-for-most-of-thailand-july-9-14/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2022-07-07

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

After a good early start in May, had almost no rain over the past month or more of the rainy season here in my part of Kalasin Province. So, yes please.

Same in upper Sakon Nakhon.

5 weeks very little rain.  

Some late night rains the last 3 days.

Unusually hot and muggy those 5 weeks.

• Like 1

If this is an official prediction by the Thai Meteorological Dept, then I won't trouble myself to carry an umbrella.

Their weather predictions are about as reliable as my stock market prognostications.

• Like 1