Online learning reintroduced at Bangkok school after hundreds of students, staff get COVID-19

snoop1130

77019504_10157551096876413_7497105143062593536_n.jpg

After eight weeks of on-site classes, Bangkok Christian College has decided to reintroduce online learning, from July 11th until July 19th, after 688 students and 70 staff members were found to be infected with COVID-19.

In a written notification to all parents, the school said that infections had increased significantly, despite the fact that the school had already taken the initial step of suspending classes, in which more than 10% of students were infected, for five days.

Although the suspension has succeeded in controlling the spread of the disease to a certain extent, the school said that infections among students and staff have continued to increase, making it necessary for the school to reintroduce online learning.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/online-learning-reintroduced-at-bangkok-school-after-hundreds-of-students-staff-get-covid-19/

nnt.jpg
-- © Copyright NNT 2022-07-07

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

From what I've read  least half of the global population have caught covid 19 so far which means there is still going to be plenty of infections to come. 

We will all get it eventually so lets hope the subvariants are no going to be a big problem. So until more is known about these new variants I'm staying vigilant.

A school I am familiar with has a lot of cases.  When a student is infected, the class is cancelled for several days and instruction goes online.   I don't have actual numbers, but I'd say around 25% of the classes are online lately. 

8 hours ago, BKKTRAVELER said:

Anutin said the situation is under control! I only base my assumptions on that... The man is a living legend! He is a docto... wait... he has experience in... Oh well. He is a great guy!

2k Covid cases in Thailand per day.. My A$$

Living proof that if you've got the (tee) shirt you must be an expert...

• Like 1

18 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

After eight weeks of on-site classes, Bangkok Christian College has decided to reintroduce online learning, from July 11th until July 19th, after 688 students and 70 staff members were found to be infected with COVID-19.

Next doors kids are back home, some classes in school have been shut completely for 10 days, testing the rest of the school is ongoing.