Where to get a novavax shot here in Thailand

nofarang

After Thai FDA has approved Novavax it was shipped from an Indian manufacurer (name of Covovax) to Thailand in April (200.000 doses). But when asking in official vacination stations nobody has ever hear of this vaccine, even in state run hospitals. So where to get? Would it be available in Bang Sue? Anybody here has had a shot with this vaccine?

July 14 (Reuters) - The European Medicines Agency on Thursday identified severe allergic reactions as potential side effects of Novavax Inc's (NVAX.O) COVID-19 vaccine.

The vaccine was authorized by U.S. regulators on Wednesday, and its product label in the United States warns against administering the shot to people with a history of allergic reactions to any components of the shot. read more

Shares of Novavax fell 20.3% to $55.72 in morning trading, along with the broader market and other COVID-19 vaccine makers. Novavax shares are usually volatile.

• Like 1

...According to the Ministry of Public Health, the vaccine will be offered as a primary, two-dose regimen with a three-week interval, or as a second dose for those who had allergic reactions to other brands.

Thai health officials do not currently recommend Covovax as a booster, citing insufficient data...

Source: https://thainews.prd.go.th/en/news/detail/TCATG220423162113862

Apparently, the Covovax vaccine received from India is reserved for people who refuse to take any of the other currently available vaccines.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, George Aylesham said:

July 14 (Reuters) - The European Medicines Agency on Thursday identified severe allergic reactions as potential side effects of Novavax Inc's (NVAX.O) COVID-19 vaccine.

The vaccine was authorized by U.S. regulators on Wednesday, and its product label in the United States warns against administering the shot to people with a history of allergic reactions to any components of the shot. read more

Shares of Novavax fell 20.3% to $55.72 in morning trading, along with the broader market and other COVID-19 vaccine makers. Novavax shares are usually volatile.

Interesting.

Novavax isn't getting any breaks.

It's taken so long to get approved one has to wonder how effective it is on the new Omicron 5 variant?  

I was on the vaccine trial for the     NHS in the UK October 2020 thinking one of the first to get a vaccine passport didn't work out too well when I was told the name I thought should invest in a few shares didn't work out too well but it's the thought that counts I suppose.