Have You Ever Seen A Celebrity In Pattaya?

Weho

I'm curious to know if anyone has ever run into a celebrity, of any kind, in Pattaya...

I once saw them filming/recording some kind of movie or video, in front of Carrefour with some people that appeared to be from Bollywood... that's as close as I've ever come... although I did see the guy who won the "Kissing Cobras" contest from the Ripley's "museum", which got worldwide coverage... does that count?

I did once have a "brush with greatness"... as a child in a supermarket in another country, B-list actor Walter Pidgeon (sp.?) once accidently took my mother's shopping cart, while in the vegetable aisle... He must have been in his 80s at the time... as "paybacK" for the transgression, when he wasn't looking, I dropped a box of feminine sanitary napkins into his cart.

Edited by Weho

I took a couple women that live i my building to a certain "club" one night (their choice, not mine). After a few minutes inside, they both started whispering very excitedly and pointing at another customer.

Apparently he was some famous Chinese actor (soap opera TV show I think). They started talking to him and, I had to laugh, he asked them where was a good place to buy contact lenses locally (all this while a bevy of beauties were dancing on stage).

In Vancouver (or "Hollywood North" as it is sometimes called), you can bump into stars all the time. Quite often you'd never even recognize them (especially if they aren't all made up).

I'm curious to know if anyone has ever run into a celebrity, of any kind, in Pattaya...

I once saw them filming/recording some kind of movie or video, in front of Carrefour with some people that appeared to be from Bollywood... that's as close as I've ever come... although I did see the guy who won the "Kissing Cobras" contest from the Ripley's "museum", which got worldwide coverage... does that count?

I did once have a "brush with greatness"... as a child in a supermarket in another country, B-list actor Walter Pidgeon (sp.?) once accidently took my mother's shopping cart, while in the vegetable aisle... He must have been in his 80s at the time... as "paybacK" for the transgression, when he wasn't looking, I dropped a box of feminine sanitary napkins into his cart.

A couple of weeks ago, while driving down Pattaya Tai, I observed a Thai driving a motorbike, wearing a helmet, and obeying all traffic laws. He'd qualify as a celebrity, wouldn't he? :o

Unfortunately I've bumped into many of them!

I had film crews stay over in our hotel, using our location for recording (Bollywood)...

I met local actors and actresses when we still had a yacht, which was often rented by Kantana, one of the bigger local TV/Film producers...

Apart from a very few exceptions, they were not very nice people to be around. They tend to have an immense superiority complex, especially the Indians...

Strangely enough most of the real friendly ones are "Look Khrueng", children from mixed nationality parents.

Cindy Burbridge and her husband Byron spring to mind, which we had on a new year cruise on our yacht...

All in all I'd rather be with normal hard working, or people who worked hard to get where they are now!

I bumped into Niels Colov the other day, wasn't very polite though (but then again, he wasn't either) :o Perhaps I haven't yet made it to the 'A' list just yet.

Aherm, I suppose alot of people have seen Tennis player Paradorn Srichipan in Pattaya, maybe along with his missus (former Miss Universe) Natalie Glebova, who you wouldn't kick her out of bed for eating crackers I'm sure. Sadly when I met them (well, pushed past them) I remember wishing that I'd remembered to bring the chloroform - she is really nice!

I have met quite a few celebrities here. Jimmy White (the snooker player), Steve Coppell (former Manchester United and England footballer, now manager of Reading), Paradorn Srichapan (Thai tennis player), Coolio (American rapper famous for Gangsta's Paradise), Jim Jimirro (Hollywood producer, creator of the Disney Channel and Buena Vista Home Video) and a few others, especially those I am told are Thai movie, TV and Pop stars.

My wife's niece bumped into Beyonce when she was in Bangkok. Her comments were "she has a huge as$."

I feel the same way... she got a big 'ol booty... and huge breasts... i mean, she could breast-feed Guatamala with those things...

But let me rephrase the question: anyone ever seen a celebrity above "C" list, in Pattaya/Jomtien?

So far, I think the Kissing Cobra dude is topping the list...

But let's open it up to people who have been paid to perform here, like in a concert/event...

I like the Coolio sighting! Gangsta's Paradise... I'm down with that...

I have been on various Pattaya TV channels and my face has been published in several Pattaya rags as well as I attend lots of functions...so if you want to meet a real Pattaya celebrity, come to the TV Friday night outs and buy me a drink as a token of your admiration!

I bumped into Britmaverick one night... :o

No SH1T !!!

I Hope you got his autograph.

I didn't bump into Brit in Pattaya ... I did however bump glasses with him in Phuket ... nice guy ...

I once saw a guy pushing a trolley down an escalator at the airport. I couldnt believe it. It was WeHo.

What a legend.

Weho, this was a friendly "bump" from Bendix to add your update to the Trolley story. I recently revived the thread because I had never read it. You are a very entertaining guy. Please comment.

I once saw a guy pushing a trolley down an escalator at the airport. I couldnt believe it. It was WeHo.

What a legend.

Nope, you may have seen me CONTEMPLATING that, but I never did it... perhaps your medication dosage wasn't correct on that day. I trust it's been corrected by now.

What a legend.

Weho, this was a friendly "bump" from Bendix to add your update to the Trolley story. I recently revived the thread because I had never read it. You are a very entertaining guy. Please comment.

I believe that thread should not only be revived, but should be made one of those "pinned" threads... in other words, required reading... i'm glad you enjoyed it... not everyone shares your appreciation for my special brand of humour, as I was recently given a "warning" from a different website that I posted something on... they said I was "insensitive", and "insulting"... but it was ALL LIES!

OK, i admit i was a little insensitive... maybe even a lot... but lack of sensitivity was NOT in the "terms of service"... what a bunch of humourless a*s*o*e*. Oh yeah, and I called someone a "cretin". big frickin' deal.

Not in Pattaya-

I was walking on Sukhumvit one afternoon a few years ago near soi 11, when I heard a buzz going though all of the street vendors. I looked around to see what they were all on about, and Steven Seagal was standing right behind me.

Had a chat/ drink with-

Oliver Stone

Coolio

Gary Stretch

Met in my bar-

Jimmy White

Carabao (full band)

Tik Shilo (spelling)?

Sek Loso

Assini Wasan

Ken Doherty

Olarn Project

Seen on the street-

Reg Holdsworth

Plus other tv stars and musicans from Thailand including a few from the UK. :o

My wife's niece bumped into Beyonce when she was in Bangkok. Her comments were "she has a huge as$."

Don't most farangs woman have huge as$s compared to Thai girls (assuming your wife it Thai)?