The grim reaper, your wallet and your Thai Family..........

swissie

22 hours ago, peterfranks said:

Until recently, Switzerland as the only country where assisted suicide was legal.

There were I think 4 organisations (clinics), where you could go to. Price was around 10K Euro.

Last I heard is that it has changed, and that now 2 doctors have to certify that you are suffering from a health condition that can not be cured.

Quote: "Last I heard is that it has changed, and that now 2 doctors have to certify that you are suffering from a health condition that can not be cured".

Unfortunately this is true. Nowadays, a terminal illness will have to be confirmed by 2 doctors. All other reasons will not be considered anymore.

My lifetime membership at "Exit" cost me the lump sum of CHF 1000.

But I am very dissappointed by the new ruling. You would practically already have to be in your "dying-bed", flushed with morphine. = Therefore, your capability to make concious decisions can be questioned.

It's a setback for the Assisted Suicide idea. What remains? Eating 5 kilos of Thai-Chily within 1 hour?????

On 7/12/2022 at 5:35 AM, RichardColeman said:

What I cannot understand from the poster, is why going back home and getting potentially hospital care either free or more cheap,

I admire your optimism, thinking that you will still have a NHS in 30 years.....7 years ago I was back in the UK for a year looking after my father--he was in his mid 90s, it really wasn't good then, at your age I would be thinking of alternatives.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

I admire your optimism, thinking that you will still have a NHS in 30 years.....7 years ago I was back in the UK for a year looking after my father--he was in his mid 90s, it really wasn't good then, at your age I would be thinking of alternatives.

Don't see the NHS changing too much before my death. My wife is 14 years my junior so she'll be taking care of me as well - that said I hope she does not drop dead and waste the money I invested in her for my old age ????