Liz Cheney at Jan. 6 hearing: Trump is 'a 76-year-old man,' not 'an impressionable child'

Scott

2 hours ago, vandeventer said:

This is not a Jan.6 hearing it's a Trump hearing a Kangaroo hearing and dirty Liz is more of a Democrat than most Democrats. 

But I question that you do know she has the rating as the most Conservative legislator of ALL Republicans currently

Edited by earlinclaifornia
  • Thanks 1

Cheney’s statement is of course correct, but it won’t last.

Trump is being cornered, when he has nowhere else to hide, no more specious appeals left to lodge and he’s left staring at a prison cage, he’ll claim mental incapacity. 

He has after all been hiding the facts of that for sometime now.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, vandeventer said:

Come clean you know it's true, and why isn't Nancy at the Jan.6 Kangaroo hearing after she said no thanks to President Trump, we don't need them! This was a setup to start this BS hearing.

Focus now, work on a defense for Trump and his co-conspirators.

Something factual might help.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, lemmie said:

Nor will anyone look kindly on Biden for taking a wrecking ball to America and single highhandedly screwing up everything he touches. His legacy will be the laughing stock world wide.

I am guessing you did not watch Biden speak at the summit then.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, vandeventer said:

This is not a Jan.6 hearing it's a Trump hearing a Kangaroo hearing and dirty Liz is more of a Democrat than most Democrats. 

I used to argue hours on end with people who drank the Koolaid from the traffic cone of treason's keg until I learned they are either intentionally ignorant or hopelessly naïve. Either way, you are as wrong as can be.

Oh, and BTW - Cheney's voting record was lockstep with the former president's policies 97% of the time. Not many Democrats have that record.

Edited by HappyExpat57
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Scott said:

Trump incited Jan. 6 attack after 'unhinged' White House meeting, panel told

WASHINGTON, July 12 (Reuters) - U.S. lawmakers on Tuesday accused Donald Trump of inciting a mob of followers to attack the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, in a last-ditch bid to remain in power as Congress was formally certifying the then-president's election loss.

In video testimony shown by the House of Representatives committee investigating the riot, witnesses described a loud late-night six-hour meeting on Dec. 18, 2020, where Trump disregarded White House staffers who urged him to concede the November 2020 election to Democrat Joe Biden.

Instead, Trump sided with outside advisers who urged him to keep pressing his baseless claims of election fraud. Committee members said Trump ultimately was responsible for the chaos that followed.

https://www.reuters.com/legal/government/us-capitol-riot-probe-turns-focus-trump-allies-extremist-groups-2022-07-12/

will add 3 words ...... Lock Him Up

• Like 1

2 hours ago, candide said:

I just had a look at Fox News website. It doesn't report about the hearings, so they may not have any idea about what has been said during hearings.

same like Russians they don't know they are at war with Ukraine 555

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, The Big Mac said:

Is anybody actually watching this kabuki theater? This last desperate attempt by the Democrat Party to distract the American people from its utter nothingness? From the rampant inflation, impending recession, skyrocketing gas prices, diminishing oil reserves, etc, etc, etc. . . But on the bright side of things, men can get pregnant, so I'm told. 

It's quite obvious you haven't been watching the committee meetings.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, The Big Mac said:

The Cheney's are well known for their loyalty to the Constitution. Hilarious. Their loyalty is to the Halliburton's and Raytheon's of the world, to themselves, and nothing else. This women feeds the military-industrial complex and you think she's vastly preferable to a guy with a weird hairdo and an unsavory Twitter addiction. Lovely priorities, that. 

"Batshoot crazy" would be an understatement. Remember, it's the Right Wing in America that has all the guns and tactical knowhow. A civil war in America would not turn out well for the Left. Be careful what you wish for--and it might not be a good idea to publicly threaten a former president with execution. 

"This women feeds the military-industrial complex and you think she's vastly preferable to a guy with a weird hairdo and an unsavory Twitter addiction. Lovely priorities, that."

It's not his hairdo and Twitter addiction that's the issue, it's his acts of treason. If I can give you a piece of advice it's that if you're gonna contribute to a thread it helps to know what the thread is about and you'll find the clues in the OP.

Hope that helps.

".........and it might not be a good idea to publicly threaten a former president with execution."

Tip # 2: Tone down the hyperbole. He didn't "threaten him with execution", he says he hopes trump is tried, convicted and sentenced to death in a court of law for his crimes. Personally, I totally agree.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, The Big Mac said:

I was actually reacting to his hyperbole. Maybe he should tone it down a notch? I'm not the one saying we should execute former presidents I don't like. BTW, I don't actually need your tips or advice. You can keep those to yourself. Sanctimony and condescension . . . two traits I never get tried of from lefties. 

Given what happened leading up to and on January 6 what is the best course of action? Laugh it off? Say attacking the capitol is like some protesters somewhere some other time breaking windows at a shopping center and forget it? Say everyone is as bad as each other so just carry on? What would you do about it? 

Edited by Fat is a type of crazy
course not cause

14 minutes ago, The Big Mac said:

I was actually reacting to his hyperbole. Maybe he should tone it down a notch? I'm not the one saying we should execute former presidents I don't like. BTW, I don't actually need your tips or advice. You can keep those to yourself. Sanctimony and condescension . . . two traits I never get tried of from lefties. 

"I'm not the one saying we should execute former presidents I don't like."

You seem to completely miss the point.....again. I will repeat and this time do try to pay attention.

He should be tried not for his;

- Hideous personality

- Orange hue

- Twitter obsession

- Small hands

- Golf cheating

- P***y grabbing bragging

- Obsessive lying/fibbin

- Etc, etc, etc, etc.

He should be tried for an attempted coup, i.e. for high treason. And for this to be committed by the C-in-C only one punishment fits the crime.

"BTW, I don't actually need your tips or advice. You can keep those to yourself. Sanctimony and condescension . . . two traits I never get tried of from lefties."

If you never get tired of it surely you don't want me to stop, right?

• Like 1

Once again Liz Cheney has proven she has more courage than the rest in her party trump is a straight up trator I’ve been saying it for years and it feels  like cra… to be vindicated that beeing said put that treasonous sob in prison were he belongs 

• Like 2