Prospective Marriage Visa Success!

Just thought I'd give everyone an update about my fiancé's Prospective Marriage Visa.

She went into the embassy to apply on Monday the 4th of June (via appointment).

Case officer Wanida looked over the documents while she was in the waiting room. She was called into the office and told that everything looks good, much more information then was needed and she doesn't think they will be any need for an interview.

Thanks to everyone's input here I put together a strong application, I used grouped envelopes (applicant/sponsor/stat dec etc) each envelope had a print out glued to the just stated the full contents.. I think that really help the cash officer check that all the requirements where there.

**If anyone wants the contents documents just pm me, they will work well as a checklist too**

On Tuesday 19th of June (11 working days later) Wanida called and said the visa would be ready to pickup on Thursday.

So my fiancé is now booked to fly back to Australia this Monday! :o

It actually took longer to get the police check done then the visa approved.

Just a question for anyone who has gone through the 2nd stage process for this visa.

in 9 months time when we will be applying for a Subclass 820 Spouse (temporary) visa..

Will immigration in Melbourne require the original Thai birth certificate/family book/dead poll?

or will a certified copy a long with a certified English translation be enough.

I’m guessing the photocopy of the police check should be okay.. and the health check won't be required again (under 12months)

Any other tips for the 2nd stage let me know.

thanks again guys and good luck to anyone else who’s applying.

Congratulations on your success. Less than two weeks for approval ain't real bad. :o

I didn't take the Prospective Marriage route so unfortunately I can't answer your questions with any accuracy but with a guess I would think that certified copies of the original documents would suffice.

I can't imagine that they would require the original Family Book as obtaining a replacement, should it be lost or damaged, is very difficult.

If you are now in Oz, a quick phone call to your local Immigration Office should provide you with all the information you require.

Good luck for next Monday and I trust you have some warm clothes lined up for her. :D

she's done her warm clothes shopping (gloves, scarf, jumper, shocking).. she was here in mid april for 6 weeks so she saw a little of the cold weather.. but damit its been cold lately.

thanks good thinking i'll give immigration a quick buzz, although they did tell me i could pay for the visa by writing my CC details on the application and then handing it in Bangkok.. and that was wrong (found out when i made the appointment at the bkk embassy).

Just thought I'd give everyone an update about my fiancé's Prospective Marriage Visa.

She went into the embassy to apply on Monday the 4th of June (via appointment).

Case officer Wanida looked over the documents while she was in the waiting room. She was called into the office and told that everything looks good, much more information then was needed and she doesn't think they will be any need for an interview.

Thanks to everyone's input here I put together a strong application, I used grouped envelopes (applicant/sponsor/stat dec etc) each envelope had a print out glued to the just stated the full contents.. I think that really help the cash officer check that all the requirements where there.

**If anyone wants the contents documents just pm me, they will work well as a checklist too**

On Tuesday 19th of June (11 working days later) Wanida called and said the visa would be ready to pickup on Thursday.

So my fiancé is now booked to fly back to Australia this Monday! :o

It actually took longer to get the police check done then the visa approved.

Just a question for anyone who has gone through the 2nd stage process for this visa.

in 9 months time when we will be applying for a Subclass 820 Spouse (temporary) visa..

Will immigration in Melbourne require the original Thai birth certificate/family book/dead poll?

or will a certified copy a long with a certified English translation be enough.

I’m guessing the photocopy of the police check should be okay.. and the health check won't be required again (under 12months)

Any other tips for the 2nd stage let me know.

thanks again guys and good luck to anyone else who’s applying.

Certified copies and certified translation will be fine....as with the embassy in Thailand, they will ask for originals if needed. Both the police check and medical check papers will be fine, they both have a 12 month life on them.

The second stage should include a copy of your marriage extract not the certificate, some photos of the wedding along with the photos you put in the first application....also stat decs or letters from friends to say how your relationship is going in Oz...social life, visiting your home, visiting their home etc...

Remember that you need to lodge the application, at the very latest 2 weeks before her current visa expires....best to give it more than that. Once married a bridging visa can be arranged if there is any problems and time looks like running out.

Graham

Smacko,

Well done mate, congratulations to you!!!

I'de love to see your checklist please.

I'm in the proccess of gathering information right now.

I will be going to LOS during July to see my girl and gather more documents and hopefully put in my application if I feel it's worthy enough.

I do have one question about the right visa though???

On the DIMA web site there seems to be a couple visas that are very similar.

When I rang the help line number the girl gave me a number of the application but it doesn't even seem to be there ?

Is it;

40SP

Sponsorship For A Partner To Migrate To Australia (114KB PDF file)

or

47SP

Application For Migration To Australia By A Partner (160KB PDF file)

or

47SV

Application For Special Migration To Australia (146KB PDF file)

Along with these I believe you need to fill out these as well?

Sponsorship For Migration To Australia (119KB PDF file)

Medical Examination For An Australian Visa (92KB PDF file)

Note: Form 26A has been withdrawn. Use Form 26 instead.

After that there is the rest of the supporting evidence to get and certify etc.

At times I feel so confused by all the different forms and procedures it really gets to me but I'm trying to plough through the red tape all the same!

A definitive up to date checklist to work off would be ideal in my opinion.

Saying this though I understand that all application are different in circumstances.

Back to more reading, off to get photocopies and signitures today.

Cheers and well done...!

Smacko,

Well done mate, congratulations to you!!!

I'de love to see your checklist please.

I'm in the proccess of gathering information right now.

I will be going to LOS during July to see my girl and gather more documents and hopefully put in my application if I feel it's worthy enough.

I do have one question about the right visa though???

On the DIMA web site there seems to be a couple visas that are very similar.

When I rang the help line number the girl gave me a number of the application but it doesn't even seem to be there ?

Is it;

40SP

Sponsorship For A Partner To Migrate To Australia (114KB PDF file)

or

47SP

Application For Migration To Australia By A Partner (160KB PDF file)

or

47SV

Application For Special Migration To Australia (146KB PDF file)

Along with these I believe you need to fill out these as well?

Sponsorship For Migration To Australia (119KB PDF file)

Medical Examination For An Australian Visa (92KB PDF file)

Note: Form 26A has been withdrawn. Use Form 26 instead.

After that there is the rest of the supporting evidence to get and certify etc.

At times I feel so confused by all the different forms and procedures it really gets to me but I'm trying to plough through the red tape all the same!

A definitive up to date checklist to work off would be ideal in my opinion.

Saying this though I understand that all application are different in circumstances.

Back to more reading, off to get photocopies and signitures today.

Cheers and well done...!

She will need to complete the form 47SP. She can include any children in this application

You will need to complete the form 40SP

The 47SV doesnt apply to a normal migration.

The Form 40 is for relatives not the spouse and her children.

You dont need to complete the form 26, she can do this when she goes for the medical.

The visa you apply for depends on your situation....are you going for a prospective spouse visa ? If so you apply for the sub class 300 visa.

If you are declaring a defacto or already married relationship then you apply for sub class 309.

gburns57au & Smacko,

Thanks for that fellas.

I have your checklist now Smako and will go over it and make sure I pay particular attention to the cert stuff.

I didn't know about the sub class 300 visa that you talk about Graham so in particular thanks for piece of info as well.

Ok, more work to do.

Appreciating your support crew.

Got another quick question?

Any Idea where to get a translator?

I'm going to need some Thai ones done into English I'm sure?

I take it, it is her docs that need translating ?

She can go to her Amphur office, they should be able to help.

Some of the local Thai Amphur offices may do some certified copying but I doubt that any have a translating service.

I know of various places in LOS where official translating can be done. That's why I asked the question in my previous post.

Some of the local Thai Amphur offices may do some certified copying but I doubt that any have a translating service.

I know of various places in LOS where official translating can be done. That's why I asked the question in my previous post.

Possibly true MM....

But they might also point them in the right direction for a translation service.

Got another quick question?

Any Idea where to get a translator?

I'm going to need some Thai ones done into English I'm sure?

What part of Thailand are you currently in?

I'm just organisng a place now.

It will be somewhere around Bangkok city though, I know that much.

My stay in Issan will be for meeting the inlaws I hope...as opposed to outlaws.....?

I apprieciate your feedback as well Graham. Yes it is her documents mate.

I heard there are quite a few around the Australian embassy, I was going to head over there and take a look around.

I really wanted somewhere specific that will do the translating and certifying together, if thats possible?

Nicko.

Have your girlfriend check out this link. The cost is about 350 baht per page.

or

Professional Translation Services Ltd.

32/8 Sukhumvit 21 Road(Soi Asoke)

Wattana, Bangkok

Not far from British Embassy.

last known telephone 02-2599406.

or

try the numerous translating shop next to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Chaeng Wattana Road. Copies about 200 baht. Very quick service.(usually whilst U wait)

or

MCT, 571/1 Wireless Road. On the corner of Sukhumvit (same side as Nana) Cost about 300 baht per page.

or

Customer Service

www.ThaiEnglish.com or

www.Thai-English-Translation.com

Riviera Tower 3

226/15-16 Bond Street, Tiwanon

Muang Thong Thani, Pakkred

Nonthaburi 11120

THAILAND

Ph.: +66-2-960-0832

or

In the building of the Thai Passport Office.

123 Chaeng Wattana Road,

Laksi, Bangkok 10210

Out of all those suggestions for Bangkok, I suggest the quickest, easiest and cheapest is to visit Chaeng Wattana Road and find a translating service there. Each service should have an official stamp that verifies the translation as being a correct translation of the original paper. The Oz Embassy will accept these.

These services will also be able to organise copying documents.

MM...Post that as a separate thread, maybe the mods could pin it.

Maybe they could pin a topic called Australian visa information and put this info and the other Oz pinned topics together in it rather than have several pinned topics.

That would be great for us Aussies

Thats not a bad idea gburns57au.

I have collected a whole heap of relevent information that I wouldn't mind posting/sharing with others who are in the same position.

I have'nt even applied yet but I have to say that scouring this site has made me alot more aware and the information and advice I have recieved has been so valuable...

Mighty Mouse; one again :Thankyou very much mate, will be going to those specific places 100%....

Cheers

Nicko