Does anyone use a crypto payments app whilst living in Thailand?

Do you use any of the crypto payment app inside or outside of Thailand. 

I noticed that ‘coinpayments’ accepts Thai residents. But ‘coingate’ does not. 

If you use either of these wesbites do you have any positive or negative feedback? 

What do you use them for exactly? I presume it’s a matter of sending ones bitcoin, for example, to an account wallet and subsequently paying for goods or services on various websites that accept the above systems. 

Do you know any companies in Thailand that accept 'coinpayments.net' transactions?

A read one review stating that their systems can detect a VPN and best not to use one. 

I cannot find the crypto forum and thus raise this in general

cheers

Edited by jack71
  • Like 1

Coinpayments Fees are a joke as are their "Minimum" payment levels.  Avoid them if you can.

I use Coinbase.  Being in LoS I cannot use the exchange facility or the Buy/Sell, but I can receive payments and send them with no problems.  Fees are sensible as well.

coinpayments and the other one are more suitable for those business willing to accept crypto as online payment. An online shop could use WooCommerce and install one of the plugin provided, then accept payments in crypto for goods and services on the website.

In Thailand I believe that was recently given as indication that will soon be not allowed to use crypto for payments.

For any other use is better to consider using an exchange, bitkub work well for buying and selling crypto, is possible to send them to a private wallet too.

1 hour ago, JustinCredible said:

I use Coinbase.  Being in LoS I cannot use the exchange facility or the Buy/Sell, but I can receive payments and send them with no problems

Im sorry but I dont understand. Im still learning about this. But are you saying that coinpayments is similar to coinbase? 

If I look at a VPN company there are several ways to pay. One way is cryptocurrency and theres a <Coinpayments> button there. Theres no coinbase button option. 

Or are you saying that you use coinbase to buy and sell crypto? 

I use Binance and Wirex. I have their Visa cards. I simply top up with USDT and it's shop til you drop. Literally til you drop because Wirex's card has a spend limit of 20k SGD (520k THB) per day. And the Binance card has a spend limit of 8700 EUR per day. Used it at IconSiam's Apple store and at some of Central Embassy's high end shops. Never declined. Was just asked if I wanted Tingapo dolla or baht mister? Euro or baht mister? Never given a choice of bitcoin or baht mister? Hopefully that day will come. 

Maybe the best one to use is Bitkub, which is owned by Siam Commercial Bank, the oldest bank in Thailand.

I also use Crypto.com, however I couldn't get the credit card sent to my address here -  I got my mother to send it from the UK. It is great as I also get 3% back on every payment. I pay 4 DTAC bills a month, all petrol, Macro shopping, tesco and Big C, school  and university fees. I even bought gold with it.  I had to invest in their coin to get the cashback but they also have free cards. 

https://crypto.com/cards

Binance is also OK for using in Thailand and they have a great P2P service. If I want to sell coins, I can get money sent straight to my Krung Thai account. 

I recently got Revolut which is simple to use.

https://www.revolut.com/

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, John Bird said:

Thailand and Thai businesses aren't interested in payment with <deleted>coins. 

What are you talking about?

Blockchain tech is huge in Thailand. SCB use it for cross border payments, many large corporations use it, like Mall Group etc. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Maybe the best one to use is Bitkub, which is owned by Siam Commercial Bank, the oldest bank in Thailand.

I also use Crypto.com, however I couldn't get the credit card sent to my address here -  I got my mother to send it from the UK. It is great as I also get 3% back on every payment. I pay 4 DTAC bills a month, all petrol, Macro shopping, tesco and Big C, school  and university fees. I even bought gold with it.  I had to invest in their coin to get the cashback but they also have free cards. 

https://crypto.com/cards

Binance is also OK for using in Thailand and they have a great P2P service. If I want to sell coins, I can get money sent straight to my Krung Thai account. 

I recently got Revolut which is simple to use.

https://www.revolut.com/

thanks for the info on cryptocards. Im from the Uk and might do the same as you. 

Is the only reason to stake CRO with them is to get the cashback?

Is it just a matter of applying for a free card and using my uk address? Is it that easy. 

Then just send btc  to my wallet linked to my card?  Would they be sharing this info with the Inland Revenue in the uk? Could I be getting myself in hot water even if Im not a tax resident of the uk anymore?

thanks

9 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

Luddite

Exactly, I can't understand these guys, unless they are over 60, and even then many pensioners I know want an improved banking system. 

I think it is fear/they don't understand it, and then they go all out attacking the tech. Kinda like Warren Buffet.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jack71 said:

thanks for the info on cryptocards. Im from the Uk and might do the same as you. 

Is the only reason to stake CRO with them is to get the cashback?

Is it just a matter of applying for a free card and using my uk address? Is it that easy. 

Then just send btc  to my wallet linked to my card?  Would they be sharing this info with the Inland Revenue in the uk? Could I be getting myself in hot water even if Im not a tax resident of the uk anymore?

thanks

There are other benefits I enjoy, like free international 1st class airport lounges, free Netflix and Spotify and some others. Also, like most crypto, the price rises in the long run. I stake 10,000 CRO, I bought it when it was 3c, it went to 80c and now around 18c. t is a good investment, I think.

I'm not a UK tax resident.

1 hour ago, John Bird said:

Thailand and Thai businesses aren't interested in payment with <deleted>coins. 

A uneducated comment that will not age well! 

Book Mark this comment to my rhetorical reply. 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Exactly, I can't understand these guys, unless they are over 60, and even then many pensioners I know want an improved banking system. 

I think it is fear/they don't understand it, and then they go all out attacking the tech. Kinda like Warren Buffet.

it's too complicated a subject to be reduced to "Crypto is bad mmkay?" hence my one-word responses of late. 

as for Buffet and Munger, I'm not convinced that they don't understand the nature of crypto/Bitcoin. imho they know exactly what it is and how big of a threat it is to the system they've been supporting for so many years and are so heavily invested in.

ps. Buffet gets feted as this wonderful investor. but am I right in thinking that all he does is pick stock in already established companies? he doesn't actually do anything useful like build a new solar power plant in the Texas desert or provide clean water to Africa, right?

• Like 2

On 7/15/2022 at 5:40 PM, mvdf said:

I use Binance and Wirex. I have their Visa cards. I simply top up with USDT and it's shop til you drop. Literally til you drop because

If I live in thailand can I still apply and send to my address here? Or did you use an address abroad?

On 7/17/2022 at 1:00 PM, jack71 said:

If I live in thailand can I still apply and send to my address here? Or did you use an address abroad?

You have to apply with an address in Europe or other first world countries and provide a proof of address like an utility bill.

No crypto-related services ship cards to Thailand.