Getting a Non O visa in Thailand.

Hi. I arrived in Thailand 2 days ago. Returning after leaving in March 2022.

My O-A visa was not extended to 2 years because my O-A insurance expired November 1st 2022.

I want to apply for a Non “O” visa before November 1st to stay until March 2023.

I have 800,000.in my US bank account.

Can I just withdraw the full 800,000. from my US account and deposit it to my Thai Bank account.

What other options do I have transferring money from my JPMorgan Chase Bank account to Bangkok bank in Pattaya.

Thanks

TC.

I assume you got a 30 day visa exempt entry. You can apply for a non-o visa based upon retirement at 

You can transfer the 800k baht into a Thai bank account and then apply for the non-o visa as soon as it is in your account.

Requirements  for the non-o visa is here. https://www.immigration.go.th/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/9.FOR-RETIREMENT-PURPOSES-50-YEARS-OLD-NON-O.pdf

The nduring the last 30 days of the 90 day stay you can apply for a 1 year extension of stay based upon retirement. The 800k baht will have to be in the bank for 2 months on the day you apply.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, tomx2 said:

What other options do I have transferring money from my JPMorgan Chase Bank account to Bangkok bank in Pattaya.

Lot of folk use WISE.

Fortunately Bangkok Bank is one of the few banks that WISE can transfer 800k+ baht in one hit (2million max).

Need to make sure the transfer has FTT code. 

Edited by DrJack54

Just to clarify, I entered Thailand on my O-A visa. It was not extended to 2 years due to my O-A insurance expiring Nov 1st 2022.

@DRJAck54 To use Wise transfer can I just go to my Bangkok and have them sort it out. Or do I contact my New York Chase bank to have it transferred.

@ubonJoe  Can I withdraw the full 800,000 in cash and deposit the full amount in Bangkok Bank for 2 months.

Thanks

TC

17 minutes ago, tomx2 said:

@DRJAck54 To use Wise transfer can I just go to my Bangkok and have them sort it out. Or do I contact my New York Chase bank to have it transferred

The way it works is that YOU transfer the funds from your bank to WISE. 

Wise, prior to the transfer gives you exact "quote" with their charges clearly stated along with exchange rate.

Wise then transfers to your designated bank in Thailand.

Your bank in USA many have transfer limits and it's important to check all that out.

AseanNow has a banking forum with threads on this topic.  

One example here .

Edited by DrJack54

8 minutes ago, tomx2 said:

Just to clarify, I entered Thailand on my O-A visa. It was not extended to 2 years due to my O-A insurance expiring Nov 1st 2022.

I missed that you got stamped in with your OA visa to November. 

You have the choice of applying for extension of your OA visa based upon retirement by showing 800k baht in the bank for 2 months and $100,000 of medical insurance from a Thai company.

Or you could leave and re-enter without a re-entry permit to get a 30 day visa exempt entry and then apply for the non-o visa and extension of stay.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Chase Bank has wire transfer and global transfer. I’ve used Global Transfer and wasn’t charged fee from Chase although it’s been over a year ago…

What is a global transfer?

close accordion

A service for sending international payments from your Chase checking account using chase.com as well as the Chase Mobile® app. It features a foreign exchange rate calculator so you’ll know the foreign exchange rate and fees before you choose/create a recipient

On 7/16/2022 at 10:04 AM, ubonjoe said:

I assume you got a 30 day visa exempt entry. You can apply for a non-o visa based upon retirement at 

You can transfer the 800k baht into a Thai bank account and then apply for the non-o visa as soon as it is in your account.

Requirements  for the non-o visa is here. https://www.immigration.go.th/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/9.FOR-RETIREMENT-PURPOSES-50-YEARS-OLD-NON-O.pdf

The nduring the last 30 days of the 90 day stay you can apply for a 1 year extension of stay based upon retirement. The 800k baht will have to be in the bank for 2 months on the day you apply.

I think he would have been stamped in until November first when his insurance will expire

20 hours ago, DJ54 said:

Chase Bank has wire transfer and global transfer. I’ve used Global Transfer and wasn’t charged fee from Chase although it’s been over a year ago…

close accordion

A service for sending international payments from your Chase checking account using chase.com as well as the Chase Mobile® app. It features a foreign exchange rate calculator so you’ll know the foreign exchange rate and fees before you choose/create a recipient

Back when Chase introduced their Global Transfer, I did a comparison using it vs using Wise. Although Chase's fee was only US$5 (all transfers) to Wise's cost of around US$15+ for about US$2,000, Chase converts the dollars to baht before the transfer. 

Their fee may be low, but their exchange rate is in essence a hidden fee due to their exchange rate resulting in less baht actually being received when compared to Wise. When I did my comparison for a transfer on the same date, Wise even after their higher fee would have deposited the 1,600 more baht in my Bangkok Bank account.   

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, tomx2 said:

Can i make a one time 800,000.00 baht transfer from Chase bank in New York to Bangkok Bank in Pattaya using Transferwise?

Thanks

TC

Read my earlier post.

You set up account with Wise.

Very quick and simple.

You type in the amount you wish to transfer.

Wise gives instant quote with exchange rate and their charges etc.

You nominate a bank in Thailand (your Thai bank account) for the funds to be transfered to.

You then confirm deal.

You then do online transfer from your USA bank to the Wise account.

Clearly if in Thailand you need to be aware of any limit your USA bank may have ...

Example daily limit. 

• 1 year later...
On 7/17/2022 at 6:00 PM, DJ54 said:

close accordion

Closing the accordion, in the context you provided, refers to concluding or wrapping up the information about the global transfer service offered by Chase.