Pump from ground to 1. floor down

THAIPHUKET

16 hours ago, THAIPHUKET said:

How strong should the pump be?

The question really is what pressure should you operate at.  Some pumps include pressure tanks and are factory set for on/off pressures, generally not to be changed, other systems have an external pressure tank and an adjustable pressure regulator.

What pressure will cause your pipes to leak?  No one can know for sure.  If you have an adjustable pressure regulator then you set it high enough to get adequate upstairs bathroom water pressure but not more than that because more will risk pipe leakage.

On 7/18/2022 at 9:00 AM, KhunLA said:

If a standard water pump is going to break your pipe conx, or the pipe itself,

How can you tell if that is going to happen? Like how can you know if a conx or pipe is going to break?

4 minutes ago, Dante99 said:

How can you tell if that is going to happen? Like how can you know if a conx or pipe is going to break?

What kind of construction is it, and what pressure do you have now ?  Is it city fed, and simply decreased because of more houses on the line, or was never very good.

Construction wise, are the pipes 'in' the wall, or do you have a wet wall, or outside lines with easy access.  Any visible leaks now ?  PVC ?

Source of the water, well, tank, or going to put city water in tank and draw from that?  How far you drawing from, and pushing to ?

You really don't need much power if not drawing from or going to, that far.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

What kind of construction is it, and what pressure do you have now ?  Is it city fed, and simply decreased because of more houses on the line, or was never very good.

Construction wise, are the pipes 'in' the wall, or do you have a wet wall, or outside lines with easy access.  Any visible leaks now ?  PVC ?

Source of the water, well, tank, or going to put city water in tank and draw from that?  How far you drawing from, and pushing to ?

You really don't need much power if not drawing from or going to, that far.

What a thorough effort at distraction while totally avoiding any attempt to answer the question.  Quite impressive.  

49 minutes ago, Dante99 said:

What a thorough effort at distraction while totally avoiding any attempt to answer the question.  Quite impressive.  

Thank you, but can't answer the question without the information.

What I would do, since questioning the pipe age & longevity, and if staying there for a while, is simply replace them all.  

ALTHOUGH, if 'in' the wall, that could be problematic.

And your advice, was just as useless as me, asking for more info, abet after, could offer a suggestion.

Most domestic pumps put out about the same pressure they operate at 3 bar with a max of 4. 

Blue plastic pipe is rated for about 10-13 bar. If it hasn't been in the sun for 5 years the plastic pipe is probably as good as new. 

I would not worry about installing a pump.

• Like 1

Plastic pipes they use here are OK if not been in direct sunlight, as long as the fitter used a sensible amount of the glue stuff.

The electric pumps do seem to have a lot more pressure than paid for water supply, but I have never had a problem with the pipes via the pump.

I have a 2 story house, which is now 15 years old, I used a 250 watt pump first, lasted 11 years, I now have a Mitsubishi 255 watt with no pressure tank ,that sits beside a 1000 litre feed tank, nice powerful showers upstairs. ????

Pump.thumb.jpg.e1e2203b423e9637667d38bcfe3e30cf.jpg

Thanks to all and sorry for not answering your very justified questions.

Age of the rented house: over 30y, plumbing: old metal pipes, condition unknown, No problems in the last 15 years.

That's all the landlord and we do know.

Overall impression: good old fashion building quality.