Yellow vax passport

It was fairly recently reported that one did not have to travel to the wilds of Nonthaburi to get a Thai vax passport. They were alleged to be available on the 15th floor of the Bang Rak Medical Centre.

I went there yesterday. The entire floor has been emptied & was deserted.

The good news is, on the 11th floor is a walk-in vaccination centre. No need to trek to Bang Sue with the hordes.

They told me the only inner location issuing vax passports was Medpark Hospital whose website calls it "a Covid-19 hospital". I plan to call to see if this is really the case.

1) Why doesn't every vax centre offer a vax passport?

2) Thai Red Cross offers all sorts of vaccinations & issues an int'l yellow vax book. Why can't we bring our official vax certificate there & be issued a Covid book???

I got my yellow international vaccine passport at Urban Institute for Disease Prevention and Control: 
24/56 Phahonyothin Rd, Anusawari, Bang Khen, Bangkok 10220
02 521 0943

While this place is by no means Inner City, it is accessible by BTS, a 5min walk: Wat Phra Si Mahatat station (Sukhumvit Line)

I did this end of last year, don't know if they still issue...

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, unblocktheplanet said:

Why can't we bring our official vax certificate there & be issued a Covid book???

Thai rules seems to be different. No big deal, the local government hospitals issue the yellow wax passport after you have been vaxed. It normally takes a day or two before you are recorded in the system and the yellow wax will be issued in a few days, some places charge 50 baht to issue or update a yellow wax passport...????

Yellow book is pretty usuless when travelling internationally. Nobody wants to see it. 
only vax certificate. 
i think you should not bother. 
If there would be any need for them so they would be easily accesible. 
at the end of the last year the pm offered new years present to foreigners. It was digital international vax certificate. As i remember they also had of yellow certficate option to be delivered by post, but there was no way to pay for this service. Check mor prompt application, the last icon is about an international certificate. 

Last Vaccination I got, which was my booster shot, was at the Bangrak Vaccination Center. Immediately after getting the vaccine they gave me a 'Thailand certificate of Covid 19 Vaccination' (a paper version), which also showed my previous 2 vaccine shots. Would this be sufficient for International travel, or would I still need something more?

5 minutes ago, LukKrueng said:

What do you need it for? Most countries don't care for Vax certificate any more. And when returning to Thailand you can simply take an ATK test 72 hours before the flight.

Who wants to go through being tested within 3 day's of entering LOS, and paying for it...?

My sense is that the yellow vax "Passport" is yesterdays news.

In the Mor Prom app there is a menu called International Certificate.  If you click on that and fill out a simple form, upload a copy of your passport and submit it, within 24 hours in the same location you will have an "International Covid-19 Vaccination Certificate" which you can download as a .pdf to print -- or print from your phone.

Worked smoothly for my Thai partner and me and we used them to enter Cambodia yesterday.

The certificate looks like this:

IMG_0737.thumb.jpg.f53e55153967b97bebed3807e02490eb.jpgIMG_0737.thumb.jpg.f53e55153967b97bebed3807e02490eb.jpgIMG_0737.thumb.jpg.f53e55153967b97bebed3807e02490eb.jpg

3 minutes ago, LukKrueng said:

Those who don't want to get a jab p of useless liquid every couple of months

Hmmm, every couple of months eh......????

How come a liquid that has saved many thousands of lives is "useless".....?

• Like 1

Majority of countries need vax certificate on entry. 
germany removed this requirement temporarily for summer holidays, till august. Possible some orher countries copied them. 
Vax was mandatory to travel on trains in europe, there were railway police patrols checking it on carriages. 
for entry into thailand needs to be not home done ATK, but at testing centre, probably some €15, with certificate. If positive you cant travel, so airfare can be lost and there is possible risk of home quatantine. You can get positive tesys for up to 3 months. So you can't travel and possibly also can't be vaxed in that time. 

rules are changing, with the next waves some countries will put temporary restrictions. I won't be surpriced if thailand would do it. Even ATK on the border.
Also covid iinsurance, that one they also can sell on the border. 

everybody serious about international travel should get jab, just to make travel that much easier and cheaper. 
i also bet more people got their travel, health insurance

Edited by internationalism
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, GoRover said:

Last Vaccination I got, which was my booster shot, was at the Bangrak Vaccination Center. Immediately after getting the vaccine they gave me a 'Thailand certificate of Covid 19 Vaccination' (a paper version), which also showed my previous 2 vaccine shots. Would this be sufficient for International travel, or would I still need something more?

Yellow book was duplication and not needed anywhere. Show mor prom info or printed certificates is all you need, though how long that is valid for nobody seems to know

• Thanks 1

Update. Very efficient service at Medpark. Although the website says no walk-ins, phonecall told me they take 20 walk-ins a day. In reality, they take everybody & there were way more walk-ins than appts.

No need to be early. Passport & copy, official vax certificate. Thais require passport as well as national ID as yellow book is intended for int'l travel.

Open 9-noon and 1 to 3pm. Only downside for me was having to pay by QR. Don't have the hang of (or want to) those things. Cash is still king in my world. Got somebody else to pay by QR, gave him the 50 baht.

• Like 2