Best Hardware store chain in Thailand?

AndyAndyAndy

What is the best Hardware store chain in Thailand? Building house, building material, hardware, house renovation, furniture.... .

After going through a few it seems to me like a Global House has biggest selection and prices competitive even with online shopping? Or is there a better one?

Different stores for different products and it depends where you live.

Buriram has a good independent building supplies/hardware store.

Where I live we only have one big chain store. But they don't stock AC plastic trunking :whistling:

• Like 1

We have Thai Watsadu and Global about 300m apart on Sukhumvit just out of Chanthaburi city, and I'll alternate between the two. Locally, find TW better for tools, electrical, and Global has a better selection for gardening and landscaping materials.

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

ToolPro, but don't think it's a countrywide chain.

Do they have a "normal" website?

I just googled them and I find them on facebook only.

Their email address is [email protected] but when I try toolprothailand.com that doesn't work.

Normally I don't use facebook and I would like to see a standard website.

@AndyAndyAndy for furniture, might try Index Living Mall, as they seem to have decent selection.  There's also some specialty shops about, as I got some nice piece that a shop imported.  A bit expensive though.

Last house, bedroom & living room with pretty much bought everything at a Impact Arena (Nonthaburi) home & furniture exhibition.  Which they just had one last week.  There's one this week at BITEC.

https://www.worldfair.co.th/event/เฟอร์นิเจอร์แฟร์-2022/

https://www.facebook.com/WorldFairExhibition/

Most pieces had to be made, and from different factories.  They shipped from factory to Udon Thani.  Actually still have most pieces and stood the test of time, 11 yrs so far.

8 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

Maybe, just maybe, someone will bring something as good as Screwfix to Thailand ... https://www.screwfix.com/

Never heard of them looks good. ????

What usually do is look Lazada then go all different places Global,  homemart, Big C to just compare.

Lazada is always cheaper by not a few baht for example  microwave, toaster, electric kettle etc by hundreds or thousands.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Your Google F*U* is poor as the actual name is ToolProPlus and the website is https://www.toolproplus.com

FWIW the owner has another shop in the centre of Udon and can get virtually any tool that is available worldwide, I have a catalog somewhere that is huge.

Thanks!

But it's funny/unprofessional that they have one domain name for their email and another domain name for the website.

• Like 1

For construction items like cinder blocks, cement, sand, rocks, rebar, PVC, etc.  I'll order from the neighborhood shops.

For interior decorating items like paint, tiles, furniture, faucets, lighting, power tools, etc I'll visit Home Pro or Thai Wasadu.

If there was a DoHome closer to me than 20km, I'd get everything from them, they're awesome.

Here in Pattaya there's a Mega Home store being built on Sukhumvit, the place looks massive, and feedback on them?

22 minutes ago, bbko said:

For construction items like cinder blocks, cement, sand, rocks, rebar, PVC, etc.  I'll order from the neighborhood shops.

For interior decorating items like paint, tiles, furniture, faucets, lighting, power tools, etc I'll visit Home Pro or Thai Wasadu.

If there was a DoHome closer to me than 20km, I'd get everything from them, they're awesome.

Here in Pattaya there's a Mega Home store being built on Sukhumvit, the place looks massive, and feedback on them?

If you did not know Mega Home is a Home Pro owned store. I compared the two. Mega seems to be more of a construction supply and tool store as to Home Pro more of a DIY supply store for the whole family

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, Pouatchee said:

Hardware House beats them all.

Do Home secondbest

Thaiwstsadu and Mega Home tie for 3rd place

Global 4th

Never heard of any of those in the jungle except global why do you think Global is 4th it's the only decent store for everything near us. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Never heard of any of those in the jungle except global why do you think Global is 4th it's the only decent store for everything near us. 

The most convenient or most available is very dependent on location.

As mentioned ignoring location Hardware House HQ store has, without any question, the most comprehensive stock. 

Do Home & Thaiwstsadu are excellent, as are HomePro and Global House 

There are a number of less widespread shops that include Mega Home (I’ve never seen one) Tool Pro Plus and Hardware House.

If you are in a more out of the way location then the it’s very likely that there will be a more limited selection and the location of the nearest store will limit your choice.

Edited by sometimewoodworker
  • Thanks 1

I don't use any of the big DiY stores because I can't stand 3-4 members of staff following me around. I feel under pressure to buy every time I stop to look at something . 

Edited by IvorBiggun2
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, freedomnow said:

Tile selection at Do Home preeeetty extensive !

Ever been to Boonthavorn? Same as well

Never been to a Do Home, they are building one in Buriram but it's nowhere near finished

• 4 weeks later...