Contractor to sound insulate Bangkok condo ceiling

tethered goat

I researched sound isolation over the last couple of month.

Here are a few things which I learned:

A lot depends on the frequencies. It is difficult to impossible to isolate against low frequency noise. In your case that means: You will be able to isolate that you don't hear them shouting at each other. But it will be very difficult to isolate against people jumping on the floor above you.

Efficient isolation starts with closing all the holes and gaps. If there is a central shaft with water pipes in your building then sound will travel from the condominium above and below you through that shaft. 

So even if you would isolate your ceiling perfectly that might change little if the majority of the sound travels through that shaft.

There are many interesting videos about sound isolation on YouTube.

This is one of them.

1 hour ago, tethered goat said:

If you know someone who understands the problem and has the skills to fix it, would be grateful.

You can limit and reduce sound in these cheaply built condo buildings by installing a suspended ceiling which can be bought in many stores. 

How thick you can insulate the gap between the original ceiling and the finished ceiling obviously depends on height of the existing ceiling.

Edited by Kwasaki

thank you for replies, i also have researched the problem enough to know that you need to understand the physics, but i can not find any one in Bangkok who seems to specialize in what one would think would be a very common problem. In my case there are no water pipes or the like involved just the sound of people walking or dropping stuff.

2 minutes ago, tethered goat said:

thank you for replies, i also have researched the problem enough to know that you need to understand the physics, but i can not find any one in Bangkok who seems to specialize in what one would think would be a very common problem. In my case there are no water pipes or the like involved just the sound of people walking or dropping stuff.

In Hua Hin it was a real estate company that also managed renewals of older apartments. Maybe check out some real estates who have western expats as targets if they can help you out?