DTac SIM card mobile internet costing 100 thb per two to three days

coil

Hey guys, long time lurker first time poster.

I need help, I've bought this SIM way back when I just got into Thailand and it's a 'Happy Tourist' <deleted> with like 1 to 7 to 30 days packages and it runs out of balance at most inconvinient times and costs are ridiculous!

When I try to switch to something like Go+ or other package that seems way more reasonable, nothing happens. Are those for Thai ID holders only? Can I just buy a Go+ SIM and migrate my phone number? Couldn't find this on the forum.

I really need someone's help, I'm tired of wasting 2000+ THB monthly on this <deleted>.

Thanks.

why don't you go into a Dtac shop and explain you want a SIM unlimited internet 200 baht / month .....   or if they don't have that deal then buy one on Shopee ....

Edited by steven100

8 minutes ago, steven100 said:

why don't you go into a Dtac shop and explain you want a SIM unlimited internet 200 baht / month .....   or if they don't have that deal then buy one on Shopee ....

Thank you.

I did just that, and the lady at the counter did something (wasn't able to see what) and now it says "valid till 2023" or something, but nothing really changed.

Also, I like to understand exactly what's going on, don't like to be clueless.

4 hours ago, coil said:

Hey guys, long time lurker first time poster.

I need help, I've bought this SIM way back when I just got into Thailand and it's a 'Happy Tourist' <deleted> with like 1 to 7 to 30 days packages and it runs out of balance at most inconvinient times and costs are ridiculous!

When I try to switch to something like Go+ or other package that seems way more reasonable, nothing happens. Are those for Thai ID holders only? Can I just buy a Go+ SIM and migrate my phone number? Couldn't find this on the forum.

I really need someone's help, I'm tired of wasting 2000+ THB monthly on this <deleted>.

Thanks.

You have two choices: Call DTAC to ask for your MNP code, whilst at the same time giving them your reasons for moving; that you can get non-stop 15, 20 and 30 Mbps with a new SIM from any network for between 200 and 265 baht per month.

If they don't come back with an offer to move you on to a similar sounding promo, then take your MNP code to an AIS service centre to get your number moved over to them. At which point you can apply either non-stop data at 15 Mbps with unlimited domestic any network calls or 20 Mbps with unlimited AIS calls for 200 baht per 30 days.

Edited by Bruno123

3 hours ago, coil said:

Thank you.

I did just that, and the lady at the counter did something (wasn't able to see what) and now it says "valid till 2023" or something, but nothing really changed.

Also, I like to understand exactly what's going on, don't like to be clueless.

They just extended the validity date of the SIM. Nothing to do with promo or package.