Amphur needed that marries american/Thai couple

PattayaKevin

I am looking to get married but my local amphur where I got divorced refuses to marry a thai/American couple unless I go through their agent who charges 15000 baht. I have all the documents already and don't see a need to do that. I'm looking for a foreigner friendly amphur in Thailand. Another problem is that my single paper expires August 14 since only valid for 60 days and it took 45 days to get certified by ministry of foreign affairs. 

Simply go 1 Amphur over from where you are, and try there.  If unsuccessful, keep going.

You're the 1st person I've heard of that was 'refused'.  I've gotten married in Krung Thep & Udon Thani.  Quick, easy, cheap.

4 minutes ago, PattayaKevin said:

I tried 3, Bang Lamung, Sattahip, and Sri Racha all 3 said due to covid a marriage with a foreigner must go through their agent. These agents ranged in price from 12000 to 18000 baht and then the marriage would be done at that amphur. 

Wow, what a scam ... I'd go to Krung Thep, as my 1st marriage was done at Phra Khanong district (2000).  Maybe stop at a couple on the way.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Khet+Prakhanong+Registration+Office+(Amphur)/@13.6913171,100.5779533,11.65z/data=!4m20!1m14!4m13!1m4!2m2!1d99.786629!2d11.8186172!4e1!1m6!1m2!1s0x30e29f486e2b0613:0x9e010982aea9acc0!2sKhet+Prakhanong+Registration+Office+(Amphur),+1792+Soi+Sukhumvit+54,+Bang+Chak,+Phra+Khanong,+Bangkok+10260!2m2!1d100.6018709!2d13.7023514!3e0!3m4!1s0x30e29f486e2b0613:0x9e010982aea9acc0!8m2!3d13.7023514!4d100.6018709

4 minutes ago, PattayaKevin said:

2 month wait for a foreigner /Thai wedding. Can do no wait if you book their agent. Sounds like everyone is trying to scam foreigners to use agents

Try District Office Don Muang

Appears all the amphur around Thailand are doing this now. The reason they say is covid and a lot of foreigners marrying Thais. I'd have no problem waiting 2 months but the single affidavit they said is only valid for 60 days and it took 45 days to get it back from the ministry of foreign affairs. So that gives me only 15 days to either marry or to start the process over again. I guess that means I need to just give in and get an agent to take us. 

3 minutes ago, PattayaKevin said:

Appears all the amphur around Thailand are doing this now. The reason they say is covid and a lot of foreigners marrying Thais. I'd have no problem waiting 2 months but the single affidavit they said is only valid for 60 days and it took 45 days to get it back from the ministry of foreign affairs. So that gives me only 15 days to either marry or to start the process over again. I guess that means I need to just give in and get an agent to take us. 

That's got to be a directive from above then, if all doing.

What next, agents needed for new driver license and all interactions with immigrations and land office ?

Land Of Scams

5 hours ago, PattayaKevin said:

I tried 3, Bang Lamung, Sattahip, and Sri Racha all 3 said due to covid a marriage with a foreigner must go through their agent. These agents ranged in price from 12000 to 18000 baht and then the marriage would be done at that amphur. 

That is garbage, move on

29 minutes ago, Doctor Tom said:

No they are not, just the criminal ones.  I would report to the central Amphur Office in  Bangkok. 

Yes, there's a corruption office for that, as people in Udon Thani used, once known, for issues at Amphur, land office & Imm. and a few 'policies' were dropped.

I know I wouldn't be married if I had to pay someone ฿10k / $300 to watch a clerk stamp a piece of paper.  That is literally all they'd be doing since OP has all the paperwork.

Count your blessing ... maybe, as there really is NO reason to get married.  Unless too young for a retirement visa, in which case, make sure you know why you are getting married, and not just for ease of paperwork.