Another Trying To Understand

hi guys as you may tell i am very new to this ,i arrived in thailand for the first time two weeks ago and i have a thirty day visa ,which i believe i can renew two more times

i need a few questions answered ,i take it from what i read to renew this i need to leave thailand and go to another country and thai embassy ,

but i wish to apply for a 1 year multiable entry with the 90 day visa run

or as i have started taking lessons in a private thai school they said i could apply for a student visa

the same school have also offered me a posssition as a english teacher and will apply for a work permit

i have opened a bank account and have been told that i was lucky to get omne with out a work permit

but the bank girl was a student at the school and was happy to open and have put a large amount of baht

i also have bank statements and proof of my monthly income which excedes the 65k

so i my main question is which road should i go down

and what do i need

thanks for any help

hi guys as you may tell i am very new to this ,i arrived in thailand for the first time two weeks ago and i have a thirty day visa ,which i believe i can renew two more times

i need a few questions answered ,i take it from what i read to renew this i need to leave thailand and go to another country and thai embassy ,

or as i have started taking lessons in a private thai school they said i could apply for a student visa

the same school have also offered me a posssition as a english teacher and will apply for a work permit

i have opened a bank account and have been told that i was lucky to get omne with out a work permit

but the bank girl was a student at the school and was happy to open and have put a large amount of baht

i also have bank statements and proof of my monthly income which excedes the 65k

and what do i need

thanks for any help

have you checked to see if she still works there :o

the same school have also offered me a posssition as a english teacher and will apply for a work permit i have opened a bank account and have been told that i was lucky to get omne with out a work permit

and what do i need

thanks for any help

looking at your post I hope you will NEVER be allowed to teach English here in Thailand, or anywhere else for that matter.

opalhort

Anybody smell something fishy?

I thought that it was only me :o

Me too.

I wasn't going to voice my opinion thinking maybe it's not fair to a newbie poster, but seeing as our beloved administrator has commented, why not? :D

open a bank account without a work permit on a tourist visa ???? After 2 weeks in Thailand.........??? Been offered a job AND a work permit ???? This guy is my hero ! more likely a great LIAR

Edited by Who, me ?

Visa or visa exempt stamp? If it is a visa obtained from a consulate/embassy outside Thailand AFAIK there is no limit on the number of times but it is up to the immi officer. If it is a visa exempt stamp you are limited to 90 days in 180.

As has been alluded to above this is suspect. Many people on this forum have opened bank accounts without a work permit. In fact you need 800k in a Thai bank account for three months before applying for a retirement visa with which you are forbidden to work.

Just a minute. You say you came in on a 30 day visa (?), have started taking lessons and considering a student visa and have been offered a job teaching but you have proof of income >65k. Are you retired or engaged in e business or similar? Have you recently checked your bank balance and/or is the girl driving a BMW these days?

and what do i need

thanks for any help

I too detect the odour of a marine creature. :o

ok guys i take what you have said ,and it seems i need to re- clarify a few points i have made

and apologize for any bad smells my post may have caused.

first of i am from the uk and i am 48yrs old , i spent 22 yrs in the army so i have a monthly service pension and a war pension also monthly both are tax free and follow me no matter where i live, both amount to over 1200 british pounds a month,so depending on exchange rate around 80000 baht per month

i do not confess to be a english teacher and with my income do not need to work in thailand ,it only intrested me for the visa aspect , i have already told the school this and have offered to help in exchange for help with my thai

i arrived in thailand on the 7th june to meet my g/f for the first time (internet meet )

anyway after a few days in bangkok ,she invited to to travel to prachinburi where she resides and works.

as her english is limited i decided it was only fair i try and learn some thai

so i enrolled at a new thai ,english and japenese language school based at 304 industrial park

for a 30 hour course.

the school it self has only recently opened and they have only one english teacher at present ,but now they are getting a lot of bussiness from the industrail park the only english teacher is struggling to cope ,

the owner noi approached me and ask would i be intrested in helping out on a trail bases and if things worked for both of us then they would try and get me a work permit but no guaranties on this.

so with this on mind and of course trying to build on my relationship with my g/f ,i was wanting to stay longer

in thailand ,so as my hotel in prachinburi was costing me 2000 baht a day i looked at short term renting

of course to go this route i needed a bank account to pay my rent

so the first bank i approached told me i needed a work permit and could not help me but to try the bank next door which was the k bank.

so i approached the girl in customer services and asked could she speak some english ,and to my relief she did

i asked to open an account to which she asked for my passport and work permit ,i told her i had a passport but no work permit but had been offered a job at the school and give her there bussiness card

she laughed and told me thats were she learns her english then proceeded to give me a bank account of which they charged me 300 baht for a atm card, my money is still intact and i see the girl at the school very often ,i think she likes the other english teacher ?

sorry this is a little long winded but i felt i had to defend myself abit and now maybe you will take me a bit more serious

i of course would still like to get the answers i need, and if there are any other members in my direction i would like to meet up with you

thanks again for any help in this matter and hope i have cleared a few things up and no longer smell of any b/s

if you still think i do i am sorry for this and again apologize for this

i am like every one else just trying to stay here longer .

OK!

To put this in perspective...........

1 You do NOT have a visa! what you have is "permission to stay"...which is valid for 30 days.You then have to leave the country to renew, You can do that only three times in any 6 month period.

2If you wish to stay longer, you must get a visa... which can be bought in Penang, Kualur Lumpur , Singapore etc.

3 A non "O" visa can be bought in your home country....the easiest place to do this in the UK is in Hull.This visa is valid for one year....and can be extended to almost 15 months....

4 A two month visa...extendable for a further one month can be bought at almost any neighbouring country.

4 Work permits are notoriously difficult to get...especially if you propose to get one to teach English whilst being unqualified....and rightly so!

It would seem that your best options would be to either pop down to Penang and buy a visa....valid for 2+1 month...or to nip back to the Uk and get a one year visa

Hope that this makes it a bit clearer.

Anybody smell something fishy?

I thought that it was only me :D

Some people here really have a good nose for trolls :o

Now the guy is just a poor stupid newbie who will be in dire need for a lot of help from the old hands isn't? :D

Give him a break.

Hey, I opened a bank account on a tourist visa in Chaing Mai last year with no problem.

Yes.............last year. :o

I opened one on a tourist TVE 3 years ago. The point is the rules have changed. :D

But hey............TIT Anything is still possible i guess.

Edited by stevemiddie