RO Water Filtration, new High Tech Tankless Systems

unheard

Has anyone purchased and used any of those?

Or at least has a relevant info on the subject?

Below are links to 3 different Philips systems.

There's a significant price difference between the first one and the rest:

https://shopee.co.th/-เหลือ3999-บ.-โค้ด-YOUPWATER-Philips-AUT3234-เครื่องกรองน้ำ-ชุดเครื่องกรองน้ํา-ระบบกรอง-4-ขั้นตอน-ใต้อ่างล้างจาน-i.236393783.12071375829?sp_atk=92d4a485-bc91-4a45-b0e2-92b3c0ce22bb&xptdk=92d4a485-bc91-4a45-b0e2-92b3c0ce22bb

https://shopee.co.th/Philips-water-AUT2015-เครื่องกรองน้ำ-เครื่องกรองน้ํา-ro-เครื่องกรองน้ําดื่ม-เครื่องกรองน้ําประปา-เครื่องกรองน้ําระบบ-ro-i.310902722.7957156848?sp_atk=9c117894-1902-40ac-8ce4-ddfbba6656f9&xptdk=9c117894-1902-40ac-8ce4-ddfbba6656f9

https://shopee.co.th/Philips-water-AUT7000-เครื่องกรองน้ำ-เครื่องกรองน้ํา-ro-เครื่องกรองน้ําดื่ม-เครื่องกรองน้ําประปา-เครื่องกรองน้ําระบบ-ro-i.310902722.18903301225?sp_atk=141fdaee-6ee3-42e0-9420-747b1d18f1e1&xptdk=141fdaee-6ee3-42e0-9420-747b1d18f1e1

Edited by unheard

The AUT3234 is not RO.

The AUT2015 is RO, not sure from the data if it has a built in tank or what.

The AUT7000 is RO, it has a built in 8L tank with UV.

I would look very carefully at the cost of the replacement filters, they are non-standard so you are at the mercy of Philips to keep making and supplying them.

5 minutes ago, Crossy said:

The AUT3234 is not RO.

I would look very carefully at the cost of the replacement filters

You're right, I've missed that. Thanks for pointing it out on the AUT3234 not being RO.

The RO filters claimed to have a very long service life - 3 years.

7 minutes ago, unheard said:

The RO filters claimed to have a very long service life - 3 years.

The RO membranes do have a long life, it's the particulate / carbon / resin combined filter that needs regular replacement, and of course you can't just replace one element if, say, the particulate filter gets clogged.

It's all in a nice compact box if that's what you like, but it doesn't seem to do anything that a 4000 Baht Mazuma or whatever does. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Crossy said:

It's all in a nice compact box if that's what you like, but it doesn't seem to do anything that a 4000 Baht Mazuma or whatever does. 

Yeah, that's precisely my dilemma.

How good those 4000-5000 Baht systems are (and the replacement filters).

I have never owned a RO system before.

The compact high-tech systems are very expensive and very proprietary which guarantees their authenticity.

As compared to the traditional systems.

There is a million of them on the market, all coming from unknown sources with unknown quality of bundled filters.

The same applies to the replacement filters.

Edited by unheard

We have a mid-price Mazuma (a known brand), 3 stages (particulate, carbon, resin) + RO + finishing carbon (no UV). I think the latest version is about 8k Baht.

Never replaced the RO membrane, been going 10 years.

A full set of genuine Mazuma filters (not including the RO membrane) is about 1,500 Baht, off brand ones can be much cheaper.

I change the filters when Madam says the water tastes "bad" (I can't tell any difference), I just replace the carbon and particulate, our water isn't "hard" so I don't bother with the resin unless it's on offer with the others. In reality the filters get swapped out once a year or so.

We have a whole-house crunchy-bits filter which catches the big particles before the water enters our storage tank, I change that when the tank becomes slow to fill, it's usually the colour of very stewed tea by then.

• Like 2