buying new

When you make the reservation make sure that the date you expect delivery is written into the reservation

also be aware around this time of year some brands will do what they call minor changes where they will change the specs

normally the build using old specs to a certain date and after that date all builds are built using new specs

Edited by vinny41
add
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, RAZZELL said:

Went to a Toyota dealer yesterday and this is what I was told.

Smaller cars like Yaris, 1 month, pickups 2 months, Fortuner 3 months.

RAZZ

My buddy bought a Toyota car 6 months ago, he had delivery within a week. I bought a new pickup a couple of weeks after him and it was initially a month when we paid the deposit, but went to 5 weeks, they changed the date twice in the last week, one day.

I'm sure you are correct, things change all the time - just adding some RL XP.

With regard to Toyota financing, although my wife actually bought the truck for her business, I needed to show my bank accounts - the whole process was really good, efficient - always predictably a day or two late, but it was a good experience.

Edited by recom273
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HauptmannUK said:

My wife wanted a new Yaris in April. Cash purchase.

She wanted a colour and trim level (with couple of options) that was not in stock anywhere.

Dealer said they could do a factory order - would take 3 weeks and they'd require ฿50k deposit.  They offered a substantial discount, inc. insurance, 3 years servicing inc., mats, tints etc...

I was very very skeptical about the 3 week build time, but wife went ahead with it anyway...

Anyway, true to the salesman's word the car was ready bang on three weeks, with the options she'd ask for.

On collection there was production documentation in the car showing it left the line four days before we collected it.

After 1000km she went back to the dealer for a free check. They noticed a blemish on the inner sidewall of one of the rear tyres and so replaced the tyre.

The dealer really was exemplary. Toyota Thonburi on Lat Phrao road, Bangkok. The location is horrible but very good customer care.

I should add that my family business in the UK is motor trade (used car sales, servicing, MoT) so I am not easily impressed.

Mirrors my experience with 4 purchases.  2 were in stock, as entry, no options, Vios/Udon Thani.   Mazda2 / UT, told a month, and arrived early.  MG / Hua Hin, told a month and arrived early.  

• Thanks 1

Was at GWM CM yesterday. You can walk out with a great car the same day you hand over the money. 
Personally, I don’t think I will ever buy a Honda or Toyota anymore. Overpriced, old fashioned and completely boring. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/24/2022 at 5:06 PM, transam said:

When I bought my Toyota truck, they gave me a printout of my order and delivery day...

They do colour runs too, I wanted a colour not many ask for, took a month extra time, but I got the thing when they said I would, but this was way back...

lucky you the showroom I dealt with was a branch of the regional dealership, and my pick-up was taken off the delivery wagon as they had a customer for it, despite it having been ordered specifically for me . I had to wait another 6 weeks for the colour I wanted.

1 minute ago, foreverlomsak said:

lucky you the showroom I dealt with was a branch of the regional dealership, and my pick-up was taken off the delivery wagon as they had a customer for it, despite it having been ordered specifically for me . I had to wait another 6 weeks for the colour I wanted.

What about the printout they give you when you ordered it...

On 7/26/2022 at 1:37 PM, Ralf001 said:

what are the reliability issues ?

People more knowledgeable than me say that GWM will start to have problems in a few years due to releasing and producing so many different models at the same time. It is simply going to be impossible for them to have the production of all the spare parts, distribution/training of these to all the dealerships around the country. This would normally be an issue as its the spare parts, service that makes these dealerships a lot of money, the margin on the sale of the vehicles is very very small.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Going back a few years, but our local Toyota dealer is huge, I went to by a pickup with auto trans, they put me in a golf buggy and took me to a covered hall full of new cars and trucks, but, there was no way I was going to buy a silver one that I could have driven away...????

So, could be worth a look in a large dealer outlet..

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, blackshadow said:

do you not think that a honda or toyota showroom could tell you ???????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

maybe, or maybe not truthfully... but I am asking about people on this forums personal experience... why would you have a problem with that? 

And why would you respond?

Edited by 1FinickyOne