How long does it take to get certified copies of Thai Birth Certificates in Thailand?

MisterJenn

I have lost my birth certificate and I want to get new certified copies of my birth certificate, but I have to go back to Thailand to my district amphur in Chiang Rai and I am currently living in Hong Kong. I am planning on travelling back to Thailand for that, and I want to plan my time accordingly. 

So how long does it take for me to walk in with my Thai ID Card and get certified copies of my birth certificate from the amphur? Do I have to wait a certain period of time?

If you have lived here as an adult you would probably be aware that every office often has different procedures.

Can you not get someone here to contact the office or obtain the telephone number and call them yourself.

Assuming your details are stored on the THAI Computer system, should be about 30 minutes at your local Amphoe. Wife got copies of my daughters BC in that time - can also get copies done in English as well. Cost was 20 baht. Should be able to get from other amphoes as well i hear.