TM30 online without TM6

We need to submit a tm30 for a guest just arrived from China,after TM6 abolished.  The online system fails as it needs a TM6 number-still!

Anyone know if there is a workaround? (eg just enter xxxxxx in the TM6 number space?) or are we forced to visit immigration now,until their IT team catch up with TM6 abolition?

Edited by beau thai

14 hours ago, problemfarang said:

do it via mobile app. So easy. takes 5 mins. not asking tm6

did mine with mobile app. i suggest screen shot all the thing. accepted by CW not even reading it and was so easy

Interesting. Thank you.  I am trying that but get  error messages:   "can not connect or time out" when trying to register.  I will try later

What/who  is "CW" ? ,

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, beau thai said:

Interesting. Thank you.  I am trying that but get  error messages:   "can not connect or time out" when trying to register.  I will try later

What/who  is "CW" ? ,

Can't connect

Time out

On a government app? That's surely impossible!!

(sic / sarcastic)

CW is Chaeng Wattana Bangkok immigration.

(genuine reply for a change)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 2long said:

Can't connect

Time out

On a government app? That's surely impossible!!

(sic / sarcastic)

CW is Chaeng Wattana Bangkok immigration.

(genuine reply for a change)

Progress!

Got through step 1

Step 2 is the email they send through which I have to activate.

No sign of that email yet.....

Reassuring that their responses are what we have both come to expect!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, beau thai said:

Progress!

Got through step 1

Step 2 is the email they send through which I have to activate.

No sign of that email yet.....

Reassuring that their responses are what we have both come to expect!

Oh, step 2 ok email arrived now .

But the link contained just results in 'URL NOT FOUND'

I so wish it was the so easy 5 minute job you described! 

Maybe the people employed in Immigration are not keen for the online stuff to work......gotta preserve their jobs.

1 hour ago, beau thai said:

Oh, step 2 ok email arrived now .

But the link contained just results in 'URL NOT FOUND'

I so wish it was the so easy 5 minute job you described! 

Maybe the people employed in Immigration are not keen for the online stuff to work......gotta preserve their jobs.

well, it took 5 min for me and many others. Maybe you need to check your internet connection?

with the email they send you they accept your register and then will send a second email with username and password then all you need to do is use that name and the password in the app.. no need to go any website.. 

13 hours ago, problemfarang said:

well, it took 5 min for me and many others. Maybe you need to check your internet connection?

with the email they send you they accept your register and then will send a second email with username and password then all you need to do is use that name and the password in the app.. no need to go any website.. 

internet is fine. the link they emailed still just gets error Url not found. hopeless

57 minutes ago, beau thai said:

internet is fine. the link they emailed still just gets error Url not found. hopeless

Finally solved and I will detail, in case it helps others.

1. Registering on mobile with Imm gets you an email link that doesnt work.

2.I learned from a thai, there is another app called Section 38, specifically for TM30

3.That app doesnt appear on playstore on my phone (dtac sim, used here for years!)

4.I found it on google but when I try to install I get a message Not available in your country!  (I am in Chiang Mai, and this phone has never been used outsideThailand.) Some location based sites think Chiang Mai City is in Myanmar. Really! so i turned on my vpn and set it to Bangkok. Same message Not available in your country

5 Tried on a Thai phone in thai language.  Success. Used my online password and user name (no need to re-register for this mobile Section38 app.)

6 Section 38 also asks for TM6 number but unlike online site it is not a mandatory field

Job done. eventually

Edited by beau thai
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, beau thai said:

4.I found it on google but when I try to install I get a message Not available in your country!  (I am in Chiang Mai, and this phone has never been used outsideThailand.) Some location based sites think Chiang Mai City is in Myanmar. Really! so i turned on my vpn and set it to Bangkok. Same message Not available in your country

Check to see what address you have used for your Google account. If not a Thai address you will get that message.

23 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Check to see what address you have used for your Google account. If not a Thai address you will get that message.

i dont have a 'home' or other street address on google

9 minutes ago, beau thai said:

i dont have a 'home' or other street address on google

so I have just set my google address to my location here, turned phone off/on, still get same message Not available in your country. maybe driven by using English not thai?

4 minutes ago, beau thai said:

so I have just set my google address to my location here, turned phone off/on, still get same message Not available in your country. maybe driven by using English not thai?

It is your address not being for here.

The language used does not matter.

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It is your address not being for here.

The language used does not matter.

as I said I didnt have an address on google but have now added location here as the address. Makes no difference..

10 hours ago, beau thai said:

as I said I didnt have an address on google but have now added location here as the address. Makes no difference..

It's the country your google account uses that matters.  Settings, General, Account and device preferences, Country and profiles (for me).  If it's on your home country you won't get geo-locked to Thailand apps but if you want to change it to Thailand you won't be able to change it back for a year.

ETA:  You can of course create another Google account based in another country and switch between them as required.

Edited by treetops
  • Thanks 1

On 8/1/2022 at 10:27 PM, treetops said:

It's the country your google account uses that matters.  Settings, General, Account and device preferences, Country and profiles (for me).  If it's on your home country you won't get geo-locked to Thailand apps but if you want to change it to Thailand you won't be able to change it back for a year.

ETA:  You can of course create another Google account based in another country and switch between them as reqf that work uired.

Many thanks for your reply. I couldnt make any of that work on my Huawei P30 despite many workaround attempts.

I finally fixed this by avoiding google entirely.

downloaded Opera as an alternate browser and through that, downloaded Section 38 app.

Slightly related to OP's question, but I 'think' I've just completed a TM30 for two of us (Thai wife on UK PP due to UK vaccination record) on the web version of online registration! I tried '0' for the non-existent TM6 number and it failed but leaving it blank worked and the data was successfully transferred to the form at the bottom of the page.

My question is, is it just a matter of hitting 'Save' and that's it? Or are there further steps to actually register?

If I use 'Search TM30' we both show up as having arrived so all looks good.

Andrew

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RetroGTAndrew said:

My question is, is it just a matter of hitting 'Save' and that's it?

Yes, that's it.

And using the "Search" functionality, as you did, is a good idea to verify and to grab a screenshot in case you need to show it when dealing with an immigration office. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, RetroGTAndrew said:

Slightly related to OP's question, but I 'think' I've just completed a TM30 for two of us (Thai wife on UK PP due to UK vaccination record) on the web version of online registration! I tried '0' for the non-existent TM6 number and it failed but leaving it blank worked and the data was successfully transferred to the form at the bottom of the page.

My question is, is it just a matter of hitting 'Save' and that's it? Or are there further steps to actually register?

If I use 'Search TM30' we both show up as having arrived so all looks good.

Andrew

yes it seems you found a solution!

if you have hit save and no error message came up then you are in the system and can screenshot or print.

if you log back in and go through the same steps, on the left you will see 3 options before you get to the form to complete. one is a search option and should show your names as registered if you want additional assurance!

23 hours ago, RetroGTAndrew said:

......................If I use 'Search TM30' we both show up as having arrived so all looks good.

Andrew

Yup, as above that's what I did, I think the difference this year is the prompt at the top of the login page to use IE8~11 or Chrome, so I used Chrome and it went OK.

Andrew

• Like 1