Qatar customer 'service'?

proton

Booked business class with them this year and paid for seat reservations. After 2 plane types changes and 3 departure time alterations they changed plane again at the last minute. This meant seat on one leg was not available, so without notice they changed my window seat to group one in the middle. 

I asked them for a refund initially they agreed and sent an email saying after processing the refund would be received within 28 days, it never arrived. Now they say after a review they are not giving a refund as the seat I eventually got was similar to the one booked, only in the sense they were both in business class.

I have been in contact with them through the resolver website, is there somewhere direct I can take it up with them, nothing on the website seems to lead anywhere apart from contact the local office at exchange tower in Bkk, who just ignore emails. Not a lot of money, but I would have expected better service from the so called top rated airline.

• Sad 1

Unless they still have their no-quibble refund whenever for whatever policy then I don't see what Qatar has done wrong here.

Metal changes and time tweaks are normal, however if it's a massive difference you'd have some recourse, presuming its 1-2-1 arrangement changing from a window to group in the middle with the privacy divider isn't a material difference to warrant a refund.

If you're after a refund of the seat reservation fee then I'm fully with you? If you want a full refund because they tweak the time 1hr and changed to a different widebody then good luck but it doesn't seem viable.

Did you book directly with Qatar or via an OTA/agent?

Edited by mnomad

5 hours ago, mnomad said:

Unless they still have their no-quibble refund whenever for whatever policy then I don't see what Qatar has done wrong here.

Metal changes and time tweaks are normal, however if it's a massive difference you'd have some recourse, presuming its 1-2-1 arrangement changing from a window to group in the middle with the privacy divider isn't a material difference to warrant a refund.

If you're after a refund of the seat reservation fee then I'm fully with you? If you want a full refund because they tweak the time 1hr and changed to a different widebody then good luck but it doesn't seem viable.

Did you book directly with Qatar or via an OTA/agent?

Booked direct with them, first they agreed a refund then weeks later reversed it. If they had given me another window seat I would not have been bothered ,but they did not. 2900 baht for nothing. I did get a window seat but only checking in 5 hours prior in person. Never go again with them anyway, the food was worse in biz class than their economy, disgusting actually. Drinks were good though.