Rising food prices and Global food shortage coming?! Opinions?

eddysacc

As we all see foremost the fertilizer prices and food prices are climbing with no end in sight.

Who is doing agriculture here in Thailand and has an opinion about how bad the situation will become.

Please no doom and gloom.

Edited by Jai Dee
Spelling and grammatical errors corrected (mostly)
  • Confused 1

On 8/4/2022 at 3:22 PM, shackleton said:

It is gloom and doom for most countries around the world 

Prices rising for food oil electricity and so on ????

I recall way back in about 1965 2 men talking about the same thing. Always people forecasting doom. Life seems better now than in 1965 but I don't recall hearing anyone praising that fact.

PG_2017.12.5_Life-Better-or-Worse_00.png 

Edited by IvorBiggun2

On 8/8/2022 at 4:22 PM, starky said:

I got 50 rai of rice and cassava plus some banana and other fruit trees. Might get boring nut no food shortage for me. Lol.

How about the fertilizer prices?

There are many stories in the media about fertilizer being too expensive now so fsrmers are not able to make profit with farming.

2 hours ago, eddysacc said:

How about the fertilizer prices?

There are many stories in the media about fertilizer being too expensive now so fsrmers are not able to make profit with farming.

Then they should stop using fertilizer.  For many years now my father in law has been organic. Chicken coops over the rice fields, ducks in the rice fields and fish too. Natural fertilizer being made every day.

12 hours ago, youreavinalaff said:

Then they should stop using fertilizer.  For many years now my father in law has been organic. Chicken coops over the rice fields, ducks in the rice fields and fish too. Natural fertilizer being made every day.

The media says stopping fertilizers comes with issues. Most land is not suitable for organic or no fertilizers due to poor soil quality.

A prominent example might be Sri Lanka which is at the bring of civil unrest due to food shortages.

I suppose that farming in Thailand is much more autark than in other countries. 

But then prices of organic fertilizers must go up in price if chemical fertilizers do.

Correct me when I am wrong but fact is that Thailand is importing all it's chemical fertilizers.

Is there nobody seeing any upcoming issues here?