Rules for importing weed commercially and for tourists?

Wuvu2

1 hour ago, Wuvu2 said:

has anyone heard about the process for bringing it in legally?

No.

Not without an import license. And I don't think aliens/non-immigrants can apply for the import license.

I think the imported cannabis here is (mostly) from the U.S. and is illegally imported.

Same-same for the vape cartridges and disposables.

I wouldn't do it, even something like gummies. Just not worth the potential issues.

You can check with your airline(s), and any countries you might transit on the way.

• 2 months later...
20 hours ago, wildpuppet72 said:

Why is it illegal imported if they have applied for import license!!

I was told importing any cannabis products into Thailand is illegal.

Then I was told you can do it if you have a license but import licenses are hard to get and expensive. Thai people only.

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Laphroaig27 said:

I'd guess if while on a tourist visa a person got busted with any amount of weed or even had it in their system they'd be up for some fines and lots of hassles.

Well you would guess wrong.  ????

Nobody is getting busted with any amount of weed. No roadside pee tests are being administered. This includes tourists.

I hope this makes you feel better about using cannabis in Thailand.

On 10/22/2022 at 2:43 PM, wildpuppet72 said:

Why is it illegal imported if they have applied for import license!!

Because it was illegal (in the country of origin) to EXPORT it from the country of origin.

And you need more than an Import License. You need approval from the Thai FDA and then there's the Customs Act of 2560 and the Plant Quarantine Act of 2507.

There is a loophole for importing, for approved testing and research, although this process seems somewhat secretive.

A powerful person got waylaid trying to pick up a 5 Kg consigment at Suvarnabhumi back in July; that was quickly swept under the carpet.

https://newsbeezer.com/thailandeng/customs-have-notified-tom-krue-sophon-of-ordering-cannabis-flower-for-entry-into-the-country/

The sheer volume of imported cannabis, along with extracts, carts, disposables, distillates/shatter/budder, edibles is staggering. No clue how so many are getting this stuff into Thailand in such large quantities.

1 hour ago, bobbin said:

Well you would guess wrong.  ????

Nobody is getting busted with any amount of weed. No roadside pee tests are being administered. This includes tourists.

I hope this makes you feel better about using cannabis in Thailand.

You expect every person that has a cop hassle, shakedown to report it here? Maybe front page of BKK Post?

Why don't you find some cops and fire up a spliff?

4 minutes ago, Laphroaig27 said:

You expect every person that has a cop hassle, shakedown to report it here? Maybe front page of BKK Post?

Agenda..

Buh Bye..

????

Edited by bobbin

3 hours ago, Laphroaig27 said:

It is now an offence to cause annoyance by smoking mj in public, but possession is currently decriminalised and the cops have been told so. Though I'm not aware that anyone has been charged with the minor offence of causing an annoyance.  Maybe you could test the water?

Laphroaig is a bit peaty, Glenmorangie now we're talking.