Aerox rear tyre

2long

Have any members had to replace the rear tyre of a Yamaha Aerox? It's a 140 section, so plenty of rubber means a higher price than other scooters.

Mine has a slow puncture and I waited until the 16k service, which was yesterday. They said they'd have to order it and the price (including some bits he mumbled that I didn't hear) was 2,200B! That sounds too much for me. I would be happy to pay 1,000B or thereabouts.

Thanks in advance.

At a decent dealership should be able to order different makes of tyre as opposed to the OEM original tyre, if not go somewhere else, you can get a good idea of other tyre make prices on line like on Lazada .

• Like 1

I just replaced my 2021 Aerox, also, slow leaking rear tire last Monday at the Mityon service center in Pattaya. I didn't request a brand or anything. Came out with a factory-similar tread, didn't note the brand yet. ฿1500 all in. 

It had a screw puncture I had plugged about 1 month into buying the bike, so wasn't keen on replacing a tire that soon. But next time, if the plug leaks like this one I'll get it replaced promptly. Hassle pumping it up all the time and never felt solid. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, frantick said:

t had a screw puncture I had plugged about 1 month into buying the bike, so wasn't keen on replacing a tire that soon. But next time, if the plug leaks like this one I'll get it replaced promptly

iMoto can do an inside hot patch.

Mo bedda.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, papa al said:

iMoto can do an inside hot patch.

Mo bedda.

Yeah, I'll do that next time for sure. I'm sure Mityon does that, but I had the plug done at a local mom pop shop. 

Edited by frantick
Spelling and clarity

1 hour ago, frantick said:

Yeah, I'll do that next time for sure. I'm sure Mityon does that, but I had the plug done at a local mom pop shop. 

For moto tires,

forget Mityon,

forget mom & pop;

iMoto all day.

[well, ...    10a-6p]

Edited by papa al