Bangkok will step up fire inspection at all entertainment venues in the capital, Chadchart said

webfact

image.jpeg  

By Erich Parpart

Bangkok will step up its fire inspection efforts to check all entertainment venues in the capital for possible fire hazards to prevent a similar tragedy to the fire that killed 13 people at a pub in Chonburi last night, the governor of Bangkok said on Friday.

“I have ordered related authorities to inspect entertainment venues in terms of fire exits, fire prevention equipment and expired electrical wires since the fire at Silom Soi 2 in June,” Chadchart Sittipunt told reporters.

The Bangkok governor said the fire at Mountain B in Sattahip, east of Bangkok, which occurred around 1 am this morning served as a reminder for Bangkok, which also has many entertainment venues, that such fire could happen and it must be prevented.

Full story: https://www.thaienquirer.com/42442/bangkok-will-step-up-fire-inspection-at-all-entertainment-venues-in-the-capital-chadchart-said/

TE

-- © Copyright Thai Enquirer 2022-08-06

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

1 hour ago, webfact said:

“I have ordered related authorities to inspect entertainment venues in terms of fire exits, fire prevention equipment and expired electrical wires

Must to die people to talk about it…?  Happened before..Too late, and will happen again.

• Like 1

PM,  Johnny come lately!  

Millions of rules enforcement level for everything is the honor system which rarely ahere.

When <deleted> hits the fan they react although the problem has been there for years,. In a week everyone will be back behind their desk playing on there phones. 

• Like 1

Just now, newnative said:

How about not just 'entertainment venues' but all buildings where large numbers of people gather?

That would be far too many to inspect and with the massive bank cash withdrawals that would ensue to pay of the "inspectors" it would have the potential to see a "run on the banks".

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Bangkok will step up its fire inspection efforts to check all entertainment venues in the capital for possible fire hazards to prevent a similar tragedy to the fire that killed 13 people at a pub in Chonburi last night, the governor of Bangkok said on Friday.

Safety inspections should be done annually with more spot checks by the fire departments.

Licences must be endorsed with a fire chiefs stamp of approval..

Licence what bloody licence.

Thailand is a joke.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Good. But the fire in Chonburi was not at an entertainment center. The building was a restaurant as far as the authorities were aware. Better check restaurants too.

10 hours ago, webfact said:

......and expired electrical wires

Please rush me a list of the Time Limits for electrical wires. I need to consider rewiring my property before the Inspector comes knocking. I would not want to be seen as yet another foreigner breaking the law and bringing the country into disrepute.....

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Its about trying to make sure that it doesn't happen again 

Should never have happened this time.

Heard very similar promises and vows to act after the last club fire that ended in tragedy.

I have my doubts about how much will change.

I’d like to be wrong though.  

Edited by Bluespunk
More details added