O or OA confused

OK, 12 years on extensions due to retirement, money in the bank, never used an agent, never had a problem, (Jomtien)

My original Visa issued in my home country is OA?

I am confused about Insurance as I read that OA requires insurance this year but O does not.

What in fact is my status, am I on extension, OA or O?

Or none of the above...

Thanks for any clarification

rogerpattaya

Insurance on an OA/OA extension isn't a new thing this year, its been in place for a couple of years now. If your original visa was OA the extensions will require insurance.

If you haven't been required to have insurance for the past couple of years, you are either on an original O visa, or immigration has missed that your original visa was OA.

Either way, if you didn't need insurance last year, then you shouldn't need it this year.

I am also confused as the insurance requirement in not new. Had to deal with it for two extensions (recently got rid of the Non O-A like many others did).

A friend in Jomtien with Non O-A from 2010 had to use an agent to get around with some insurance that does not fulfill the conditions but obviously with some blind eye premium for immigration.

1 hour ago, rogerpattaya said:

OK, 12 years on extensions due to retirement,

So your original Non O-A visa is more than 12 years old and you never left/reentered the country? I am clueless.

Check through your current passport is my only advice. Does it have a "transfer" stamp stating your last entry and visa status? (as the last visa).

Looks like this:

passvisumuebertrag.jpg

6 hours ago, billsmart said:

As an aside, just last year, just before I turned 76, I did get the type of health insurance required for a stay extension on an O-A because I'm afraid Thai Immigrations will soon require that type of insurance for stay extensions on ALL visas. It's very difficult, if not impossible, to get a new health insurance policy when you are over 75. I found one that would satisfy Thai Immigrations for about THB 12K. It has a very high deductible, but still meets Thai Immigrations requirements.

Name of that insurance please.
OK to PM me.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, jesimps said:

Sure, and if he's an old feller I'm sure he'll have a spare 120,000+ baht laying around and the same again next year, recurring.

Cambodia may be an option. I just hope he does not need medical treatment.

Edited by JimTripper

1 hour ago, hhtown said:

I'm having difficulty finding suitable insurance. Could you please pm the name of the red Insurance company. Thank you

I asked for the name/company of that insurance myself.

I have not received any information about the insurance yet.

50 minutes ago, JimGant said:

you can still get a policy at no older than age 75, for 36,700 baht

Good to know if the worst comes true next year, insurance for all.

Hope not and better hope that marriage extension will be my last trump card.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/8/2022 at 10:51 PM, rogerpattaya said:

It seems that when I got a new passport and the details were transferred I ended up with Non Imm O.

Same here! ????

Edited by OJAS