eVisa form questions

This is from the tourist eVisa form, see quote. Would uploading the first page of your passport do?

Quote: "9. Applicant must apply for e-Visa via specific Embassy/Consulate conforming with his/her consular jurisdiction and residency. Applicant is required to upload document that can verify his/her current residency."

And for how long do you need to have proof of (Airbnb) accommodation, any rules for that? Would 1 week be enough,  eventhough I plan to stay for 60 days?

Current residency you can use: countries drivers licence, household bill (energy etc) showing name & address in home country where applying (Your passport does not show an address)

Just showing first night is sufficient Note* answer all questions (some are generic which may not relate to your particular Visa you are applying for e.g If applying for a SETV 60 day, two of the Qs are for METV (Multiple Entry Tourist Visa) in this instance write a cover note explaining Not Applicable for a 60 Day Tourist Visa and upload that, (I know crazy but it works) if no answer uploaded they will Knock you back and you lose app fee

This is covered in previous posts so also use search, lots of YouTube vids on how to complete the online process and these silly questions - also recommends to upload everything in J-PEG or PNG formats NOT in  PDF, anyway when I done mine as advised above for a 60 day SETV in UK I had it approved and all done in 4 days hope that helps

Here ya go, found link which gives a great vid of exactly what to put and How To, just click title below

- Regards

Edited by Lokie
Update to info link
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Lokie said:

Current residency you can use: countries drivers licence, household bill (energy etc) showing name & address in home country where applying (Your passport does not show an address)

Just showing first night is sufficient Note* answer all questions (some are generic which may not relate to your particular Visa you are applying for e.g If applying for a SETV 60 day, two of the Qs are for METV (Multiple Entry Tourist Visa) in this instance write a cover note explaining Not Applicable for a 60 Day Tourist Visa and upload that, (I know crazy but it works) if no answer uploaded they will Knock you back and you lose app fee

This is covered in previous posts so also use search, lots of YouTube vids on how to complete the online process and these silly questions - also recommends to upload everything in J-PEG or PNG formats NOT in  PDF, anyway when I done mine as advised above for a 60 day SETV in UK I had it approved and all done in 4 days hope that helps

Here ya go, found link which gives a great vid of exactly what to put and How To, just click title below

- Regards

A couple of points are incorrect.

If you do not upload for any question, you cannot proceed to submission, so you cannot be knocked back and lose fee.

I did all my documents as PDF, not a problem.

Even with a query from the embassy, I got the Non O visa in 3 days.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, sandyf said:

A couple of points are incorrect.

If you do not upload for any question, you cannot proceed to submission, so you cannot be knocked back and lose fee.

I did all my documents as PDF, not a problem.

Even with a query from the embassy, I got the Non O visa in 3 days.

Just curious, can you also get the Non O visa outside your home country? 

Of course you can use a vpn to make it look like you're in your home country, but are there any difficulties to be expected when you have to send your flight confirmation while you're in Vietnam for example?

Edited by jil

I obtained the Non O  E-Visa a few months ago in 24 hours, it took a bit of an effort uploading something for all 8-9 questions. Now hearing even tourist visa applications problematic. You would think online holiday visa applications would be simplified if they want the millions entering.........

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, CANSIAM said:

I obtained the Non O  E-Visa a few months ago in 24 hours, it took a bit of an effort uploading something for all 8-9 questions. Now hearing even tourist visa applications problematic. You would think online holiday visa applications would be simplified if they want the millions entering.........

Did you obtain the Non O eVisa outside your home country?

1 hour ago, jil said:

Just curious, can you also get the Non O visa outside your home country? 

Of course you can use a vpn to make it look like you're in your home country, but are there any difficulties to be expected when you have to send your flight confirmation while you're in Vietnam for example?

Not quite sure what you mean. If you are in Vietnam you can get a Non O from the Thai consulate there easier than from London, got an ME Non O at HCMC in Dec 2019.

You can get the E-visa outside your home country, I got mine while still in Thailand. I am only back a couple of weeks and did not want the distraction.

On the application I was asked the flight number into Thailand but I wasn't required to upload any flight details. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CANSIAM said:

Now hearing even tourist visa applications problematic.

There are different versions of problematic.

Some have a problem agreeing to the declaration that is now required. If you want to travel anywhere you have to agree to the conditions of carriage, what's the problem?

Some have a problem with the technology, I am 75 and for many of my age moving files from phone to computer and uploading documents is like a foreign language, that I can sympathise with, but younger generations going for a tourist visa shouldn't be a problem. Many want to circumvent the requirements and then claim a problem with the system.

The E-visa platform has changed the way of doing visas, and people have to learn, it is not going away.

• Like 1

You can ask directly from the embassy, they are usually very responsive.

When i made E TR visa 1 day of hotel booking was enough (Finland, asked beforehand), but different embassies have often different rules.

• Thanks 1

On 8/8/2022 at 10:49 AM, jil said:

Applicant is required to upload document that can verify his/her current residency.

It's the right to residency they're looking for, not details of residency such as an address.  As such uploading your home country passport (again) for an application to your home embassy/consulate shows this.

• Thanks 1