Video: Knife wielding man "high on meth" causes restaurant customers to scatter in fear

webfact

image.jpeg

Sanook Thai Caption: All the customers clear out

Sanook published a five minute+ video from two CCTV angles when trouble raged in a moo katha (pork BBQ) restaurant in the Bang Yi Khan police jurisdiction in the Thai capital Bangkok.

The VIDEO showed a situation gradually escalating out of control before a man armed with two large knives caused all the customers to flee into the rain outside leaving him still ranting. 

Bang Yi Khan police arrested a man at 4 am Tuesday in a house nearby following the incident at the Arun Amarin 36 shop around 7.30pm on Monday.

Chayanon, 24, was charged with criminal damage, drug taking, threatening behavior and weapons offences. 

Police said a combination of meds and drugs set him off.

Shop owner Juthalak told the media that the man came in to make an order and said: "Are you f+++ing looking at me?" to a staffer who replied that they were just taking his order.

The staffer advised him to go home and cool off before the man said to other customers "wash the soles of my @@@@ feet".

Things escalated with some stool throwing.

The customer then left and returned with two knives saying to customers: "You want this do you?"

One customer picked up a baseball bat and the melee caused all the customers to flee into the rain.

The man damaged items in the shop and cars outside.

Juthalak said she had seen him on his motorcycle but never spoken to him. She discovered after that he was a crystal meth or "ice" user.

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-08-10

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

3 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:
5 hours ago, webfact said:

One customer picked up a baseball bat

Who the heck goes to dinner with a baseball bat?

My wife has a small one in her car. Not a bad idea when there are daily reports of drug-crazed loonies about on the roads - and in restaurants too, it seems.

Anyway, it didn't say the person went to dinner carrying the bat. It said he picked it up. Maybe the restaurant kept one there for the same reason my wife travels with one.

• Like 2