DPM Prawit claims Prayut may be able to stay on as Thai PM for 2 more years

snoop1130

C8E0CDFD-DED5-436C-94D2-084749BF977E.png

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha may be able to remain in office for two more years, if the Constitutional Court rules that his 8-year term does not come to an end by August 24th, as posited by opposition parties and anti-Prayut political groups, said Deputy Prime Minister Prawit Wongsuwan yesterday (Tuesday).

Prayut, who came into power when he led the May 2014 coup, as the head of the National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO), became prime minister representing the military regime on August 24th of the same year. He was voted for by the bicameral Parliament of elected MPs and junta-appointed senators, despite not having stood in the 2019 general election himself.

His critics count his premiership from August 24th, 2014, but many of his supporters only count his term from June 2019, when he received royal endorsement and was sworn into office, or even from 2017, when the junta-drafted constitution, which was approved in a plebiscite, came into force.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/dpm-prawit-claims-prayut-may-be-able-to-stay-on-as-thai-pm-for-2-more-years/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2022-08-10

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

• Sad 8
  • Haha 1

Who has the 'Klout' these days ?  That's the shot caller.  Evan an 8 year PM has enough Klout then he keeps the job. Rewrite the constitution, re-interprete the constitution, have another overhaul of the government, ... Where does the Klout lie ?

17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha may be able to remain in office for two more years, if the Constitutional Court rules that his 8-year term does not come to an end by August 24th, as posited by opposition parties and anti-Prayut political groups, said Deputy Prime Minister Prawit Wongsuwan yesterday

The puppet master has spoken..

• Like 2

2 hours ago, IAMHERE said:

Who has the 'Klout' these days ?  That's the shot caller.  Evan an 8 year PM has enough Klout then he keeps the job. Rewrite the constitution, re-interprete the constitution, have another overhaul of the government, ... Where does the Klout lie ?

With the ones who are pulling his strings...

• Like 2

15 hours ago, tomacht8 said:

Prayut is de facto the first (premier) man in the state since 8 years now. When his friends wrote the new constitution back then, nobody thought that Prayut would stay in office for so long. Now Prayut is being bitten by his own constitution. The original idea that the leadership of the country is limited to 8 years by one and the same person should now be circumvented with all tricks. Prayut has led the country since 8 years and this is now being denied by his friends with flimsy arguments. The whole thing is a farce.

His hero should be Marcos of the philippines - he managed to stretch 6 years into 20 years with a little help from the army.....

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

It may be a feeble kick from this old man, but it is a can kicked down the road never the less. 

Prawit seems to be saying -  "Not on  my (expensive) watch"

But will he actually live another 2 years? Maybe he is technically dead already.......who can tell?

5 hours ago, bangon04 said:

could 1 million Thais actually be bothered to come out and protest???

Not that any of this would make a difference anyway.

Only a handful really understanding why they're demonstrating.

Edited by zzaa09

23 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha may be able to remain in office for two more years, if the Constitutional Court rules that his 8-year term does not come to an end by August 24th

they have it all sorted out already, he will be staying and then after the extra 2 years they will find another way for an extra 2 more years.... the circus has started

• Like 1

20 hours ago, possum1931 said:

DPM Prawit claims Prayut may be able to stay on as Thai PM for 2 more years

In that case god help us all. That is all we need, a continuing Junta in this Banana Republic of Thailand.

I'm trying to think of all the ways this will affect me......have come up with nothing......maybe if I was a business man, or something like that, it might affect me............if it is successful, then it gives him 2 more years to plan the next coup.....................Peace

23 minutes ago, TunnelRat69 said:

I'm trying to think of all the ways this will affect me......have come up with nothing......maybe if I was a business man, or something like that, it might affect me............if it is successful, then it gives him 2 more years to plan the next coup.....................Peace

Are you a retiree? Do you travel out of the country anytime? Are you a tourist under 50 who wants to stay long time in Thailand?

If you are a retiree who just lives a quiet life in Thailand then I don't suppose it will bother you too much even if the next Thai adult who walks past your house becomes the next PM, he/she will probably have much the same mentality.

• Like 1

German philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche coined "Thus Spoke Zarathustra" some 140 years ago. 

Praise the Lord, a copycat of Nietzsche resurrected in the form of a dinosaur called "Sleepy Nappy Prawit" and keeps on flatulating into something he has not the slightest idea about. 

Given the medieval way this country still runs, Prayut became Prime Minister, elected, non-elected or juntaed-into-office, on the day HM signed the decree. This, for sure, took place in 2014 already, not bowing to international pressure but for domestic legality reasons. I do  not know the day, when HM appointed Prayut but without HM's constitutional blessing Prayut would have never become anything outside his military playground. 

But yes, Prawit is one of the last species of otherwise extinct Megalosaurus Terribilus, so let him play with his gifted watch collection of inheritance source rather than trying to act like Nietzsche.