Interested in buying thai elite 2nd hand visa

2 hours ago, yahmandu said:

Is that different than the current elite visa options? Wouldn't I just need to report to the police every 90 days?

It is the original Thai Elite visa. The  5 year visas that allow a one year stay replaced the original one in 2012 or 2013.

You have to apply for 90 extensions at immigration or leave and re-enter the country to get a new 90 day stay.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

It is the original Thai Elite visa. The  5 year visas that allow a one year stay replaced the original one in 2012 or 2013.

You have to apply for 90 extensions at immigration or leave and re-enter the country to get a new 90 day stay.

This quite substantially lowers the real value then, especially in times of further possible Covid 2 or Covid X when it might be again difficult to travel.

2 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

If u have to reapply every 90 days whats the point?

The original lifetime Elite membership was not really intended for those who simply want to vegetate in Thailand (though it is possible to use it for that purpose). It is ideal for frequent travellers who want to use Thailand as their base, but often travel to other countries. For these people, the very convenient entry without visas, limos and other benefits made it a wise purchase.

For those who want to, I believe Thailand Elite will allow converting the old lifetime membership into a regular 20-year membership with the one-year entry stamps and extensions, but without most of the other perks.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/11/2022 at 8:59 PM, ubonjoe said:

I think you are confusing things.  If you have a Thai Elite, you apply once a year for an extension.  But you also have to do the 90 day reports/  but the 90 day reports are not permissions or extensions of stay

45 minutes ago, gk10012001 said:

I think you are confusing things.  If you have a Thai Elite, you apply once a year for an extension.  But you also have to do the 90 day reports/  but the 90 day reports are not permissions or extensions of stay

I believe he was referring to the original lifetime Thailand Elite membership (which is no longer issued to new members). In that case, his statement about only receiving 90-day permissions to stay on entry is correct.