Staff - How To Protect Srom Leaving/stealing By Rectrutment

I wonder if anyone has an experience how to protect company from staff leaving at mid-project stage. I am talking about qualified engineer staff, not worker. Today our leading engineer got a phone call with job offer from recrutment agency - straight in office time, office phone and looks like they used company contacts form our website. This is very rough job from their side, but I do not wonder this is happening in Thialand.

So the questions are:

1) what kind of employment contract we should make to keep staff working until project is complete;

2) how to prevent recrutment agency activity - any legal ways?

Edited by Amdesign

I wonder if anyone has an experience how to protect company from staff leaving at mid-project stage. I am talking about qualified engineer staff, not worker. Today our leading engineer got a phone call with job offer from recrutment agency - straight in office time, office phone and looks like they used company contacts form our website. This is very rough job from their side, but I do not wonder this is happening in Thialand.

So the questions are:

1) what kind of employment contract we should make to keep staff working until project is complete;

OK BEAR WITH ME ON THIS ONE......... Ideally before starting an employee , work these figures into their monthly take home , or instead of a pay rise offer this instead.

Your staff are salaried at X a month. Build into this a bonus loyalty payment that is paid monthly ( say 10 % ) but held by the company and paid out twice a year say prior to songran and some other time of year you feel beneficail to your staff.Or the end of the project maybe! Overtime / bonuses / perks also paid into this account.

It is important your staff can see this rising as the months go by, (include a pay slip each month showing this in their wages).

BUT the company will pay only 50% of their balance on each payment and retain the 50% remaining in the employees account. This on the second payment will obviously be higher as they will be starting from an accrued balance. If the employee leaves in the manner you have suggested they forfeit their "loyalty bonus" and the company retains the balance.

What does this encourage ? The employee feels valuable to the company intially as a bonus is being paid to them over and above their normal salary.(And they visually see this increasing monthly)

The Outcome? Over a period this can amount to a significant figure that the employee REALLY WILL NOT want to walk away from.And any other employer if approaching them will be told about I assure you.

The Actual Cost to the Company? MINIMAL . The figure actually given in their statement as far as cash flow goes is exactly that , a figure, not "real cash". The company does not have to bank this, just show the balance in the statement.

50% payable , This will only ever be paid to the employee, and 50% will always be retained by the employer. So if you choose a 10% bonus then in reality only a 5% increase will be realised by the company. If they leave then no increase has been incurred.

For Example: Assuming a project manager would be on a minimum of..

Salary 30,000 (loyalty 3,000 ) bonus/perks/overtime over 12 mnths 50,000 total payable 410,000 (=36,000 + 50,000) (86,000)retained by the company.

= 86,000 in loyalty payable at 50% 43,000 and 43,000 carried forward. Year 2 43,000 + 86,000 = 129,000 .50% payable =64,500.

Year 3 64,500 + .......and so on.

These figures of course can be adjusted and payments made more frequently if needed .

From experience this really does create a general feeling of goodwill intially from your employee but ULTIMATELY is designed to benefit the employer retain his key staff.

Although I intailly implemented this in the UK , it seems to beworking here just as well.

your thoughts on this ?

I also do not think the bonus as described above would be worth much since you could never collect 50% why would it matter if I have a better offer. I would suggest a project completion bonus for key people on major projects when you cannot afford to lose one of those people.

You keep people by having a pleasant place to work, treating them right and paying well.

If you have individual names and positions on your web site you might consider removing so all calls go through a screening person.

It's becoming a huge problem in the US as well (for engineers and others). The recruiters will try to raid the company directory for numbers, call consecutive DID numbers, and build up a profile of the company.

We've started a policy of rewarding employees for turning in the recruiters, and helping to educate them on the job market as a whole. When one of the partners gets them on the phone (or a trusted employee), we get the manager on the phone, detail all company information, and ask them where we can have our lawyer send the "Cease and Desist" letter to.

We're looking into technical measures to assist in it as well-- things like preventing people with blocked caller ID from getting to our company directory, adding in 3-4x random extensions (fake employees), and a few other traps to hinder their data gathering.

Ultimately, it requires treating employees fairly, paying them reasonably, offering opportunities for growth, and creating a sense of community within the office. If all you pay for is a body, that is all you will get.

The point of the bonus ( and that is what it is) that 50% is always retained by the company. If you feel that this is unfair then adjust accordingly.

I used to manage a company back home where staff were not salaried, commisioned only and always being offered better deals.

From expereience this works very well, put it to your employees if you want to test the water.

But i guess you guys will choose your own method, this is just one I know to work here.

The only problem with cash retentions is the money still belongs to the employee & if they leave with correct terms of notice you are obliged to pay it.

You could have a contract drawn up with penalties for slow or un-completed work, but the staff would be more akin to a sub-contractor.

Soundman.

The only problem with cash retentions is the money still belongs to the employee & if they leave with correct terms of notice you are obliged to pay it.

You could have a contract drawn up with penalties for slow or un-completed work, but the staff would be more akin to a sub-contractor.

Soundman.

Right. As a bonus program the money belongs to the employee and when they leave under correct terms then it would have to be paid. A company I worked for in the USA had an annuity that they paid into for us. It was not called a bonus or anything like that. It was just an account that the company paid in a certain amount for every hour we worked for that company. If we were fired we lost it. If we quit we lost it. The only way we could collect is if we were laid off by the company or we retired. If we retired we could choose a lump sum payment at a 50% discount or a monthly payout for 20 years. If we were let go by the company we could choose to draw the money as a lump sum after not working for the company for 5 years or we could wait until retirement age and draw as a lump sum.

You need to treat your staff well, pay them well, and remove any incentive for them to leave. If they are so valuable that you feel the need to hold them at all cost, that value should be reflected in their working conditions.

Labour and brainpower, like anything is a commodity. Bid too low and you lose out.

So the questions are:

maybe you should ask yourself, why he left...

the company i work for is really pushing it....and its not do to salary or heirarchy....i work with idiots, plain and simple... and its annoying having to double check their work.