Video: Thailand traffic woes - motorists give up on long waits in crawling traffic - finally there's a collision

webfact

image.jpeg

Picture: 77kaoded

Thai media 77kaoded went into facetious overdrive in comments about Maruphong Road in the eastern seaboard city of Chachoengsao.

They said it was ideal for motorists who love to sit for ages in traffic and go nowhere.

Well, perhaps 1km in an hour.

They said rain at rush hour time just made matters worse.

They published a four minute video that was proof of the torture.

And reported that finally after many vehicles gave up and reversed back there was a collision between an SUV and a motorcycle that injured two children.

This resulted directly from the reversing back behavior, they claimed. 

Connecting roads were just as bad they said. 

Welcome to Thailand where rainy rush hours never disappoint, notes ASEAN NOW in an attempt to match local facetiousness. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-08-12

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Haha 2

When I use to live in Chiang Mai, this is why I drove a motorcycle.
Carefully (you have to drive defensively) you can bypass the cars.
But I've noticed a change in the motorcycle drivers behavior over the last few year and these moron will put themselves in harms way.
150 kilo motorcycle versus a 1 or 2 ton vehicle.  Motorcycles loses which is why the fatality rate on the roads is 80% motorcyclists. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/12/2022 at 11:37 AM, connda said:

When I use to live in Chiang Mai, this is why I drove a motorcycle.
Carefully (you have to drive defensively) you can bypass the cars.
But I've noticed a change in the motorcycle drivers behavior over the last few year and these moron will put themselves in harms way.
150 kilo motorcycle versus a 1 or 2 ton vehicle.  Motorcycles loses which is why the fatality rate on the roads is 80% motorcyclists. 

The fatality rate is around 73% for riders and passengers of motorcycles.

Vulnerable road users comprise around 80% - this inclus=des pedestrians, cyclists and just about any other road user apart from 2 and 4 wheeled vehicles.

Edited by Thunglom