Light/fan Switch Labeling

carlyai

I need to label these switches in the pictures.

Some are overhead fan power (fans work with remotes), some are lights. 

It's all a bit confusing, without lables, for people who would rent our Pattaya house.

Any good labeling ideas (except the one from Wifey of writing on the switches). ????

20220813_071920.jpg

20220813_071932.jpg

• Sad 1

40 minutes ago, Crossy said:

There are zillions of thermal label makers available, this kind of thing:-

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/1-brother-p-touch-label-printer-pt-d200-pt-d200-i264213736-s409729326.html

image.png.7bda004b035ce98a0e7684c405b631eb.png

Unlike ye-olde-worlde Dymo embossed labels these don't fall off as soon as your back is turned ???? 

Thanks again. I will see if the Pattaya forum knows where I can buy one locally as we're just cleaning up then off.

Boy Pattaya is a big place now, and they're just building a big restaurant opposite or rental place.

6 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

If you have a printer, could just print one A4 with all the names and cut out, or go to a print shop like the one on Thepprasit will charge 2 baht

Yeah, that's what I've done for breaker labels, stuck on with "Sticko" or "Pritt" (glue stick).

The problem with light switches is that they get sticky user fingers all over and paper labels don't really like being wiped with the proverbial damp cloth. 

22 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Yeah, that's what I've done for breaker labels, stuck on with "Sticko" or "Pritt" (glue stick).

The problem with light switches is that they get sticky user fingers all over and paper labels don't really like being wiped with the proverbial damp cloth. 

cover them with sellotape, that's what i do when needing a label

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Yeah, that would work, and definitely prove to the renters that @carlyai is a tightwad landlord ???? 

Well to me 1,500 plus baht for a couple of labels is totally excessive.  Perhaps a copy store would have and could make or just use the tape over printed (which I would not consider tightwad if renting).  If you can use printer for other jobs then it may make sense (or if renting Hilton price range).

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Well to me 1,500 plus baht for a couple of labels is totally excessive.  Perhaps a copy store would have and could make or just use the tape over printed (which I would not consider tightwad if renting).  If you can use printer for other jobs then it may make sense (or if renting Hilton price range).

Fairy-nuff.

It really depends upon the price-point our OP is renting at.

In the past I've spent rather more than 1,500 Baht on a tool (the printer is definitely a tool) for a specific "5 minute" job which has then sat on the shelf for an indeterminate time before being needed again.

If it makes the job easier (and maybe more professional looking) then it's a go and label printers do tend to find themselves jobs.

But that's just me ...

1 minute ago, Crossy said:

Fairy-nuff.

In the past I've spent rather more than 1,500 Baht on a tool (the printer is definitely a tool) for a specific job which has then sat on the shelf for an indeterminate time before being needed again.

If it makes the job easier (and maybe more professional looking) then it's a go.

But it is of course entirely up2u.

i bought a drill once, it sat idle for 25 years, so i avoid buying tools where possible

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, carlyai said:

Thanks again. I will see if the Pattaya forum knows where I can buy one locally as we're just cleaning up then off.

Boy Pattaya is a big place now, and they're just building a big restaurant opposite or rental place.

https://www.invadeit.co.th/product/label-printers/epson/labelworks-lw-k400th-label-printer-p054121/
4A00BB63-21C8-4F5D-8A09-681B9375C74B.thumb.png.85ab6ba52a3556d7bfc242a82b4f0656.png

• Like 1