Best agent for retirement visa.

I now wish to apply for retirement to Thailand (from UK), and thought that the process now more compliant.

I attempted the online (3 months) visa requirement as a starting point for getting the retirement visa.

It demanded a copy of three months fully paid up in advance hotel reservation. Unreasonable for me.

I have decided to apply for Tourist Visa and then extend whilst using a local agent to organise it all for me..

Have I got all that right?

Can anybody recommend a reliable agent in Surin (Isaan) area?

Grateful for any assistance. 

Thanks all. Useful stuff.

My issue was that in order to successfully apply for a Non O visa through Thai Consulate London I needed to provide details of my accommodation (fully paid up) for the full three months.

This was my problem. Hence, getting just two months and taking it from there (with necessary extension later.)

I have no problem with the bank account requirements nor with the money involved (and will not need an agent to set that up,.) but the residency requirement was the problem.

Also, I was a little unclear about the medical requirement and those that equated to lack of  a criminal record, but given time would have sorted these matters. I do not now have that time and thought an agent could organise this stuff as well. Surely an agent does not just push in a form related to the bank account? 

I was also sure that I could get the gen about the medical and other stuff from fellow retirees whilst I am on site so to speak.

Edited by alphone2

37 minutes ago, steve187 said:

you could enter on a visa exempt entry(30 day stamp) and then either  1/ apply for a non immigrant visa ( 2,000thb )at local immigration office you will need 800,000 transferred from abroad in a bank account in your name only

Good post.

OP, the one thing you might use agent for is to open Thai bank account.

Best option if enter visa exempt or tourist visa. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, alphone2 said:

Thanks all. Useful stuff.

My issue was that in order to successfully apply for a Non O visa through Thai Consulate London I needed to provide details of my accommodation (fully paid up) for the full three months.

This was my problem. Hence, getting just two months and taking it from there (with necessary extension later.)

I have no problem with the bank account requirements nor with the money involved (and will not need an agent to set that up,.) but the residency requirement was the problem.

Also, I was a little unclear about the medical requirement and those that equated to lack of  a criminal record, but given time would have sorted these matters. I do not now have that time and thought an agent could organise this stuff as well. Surely an agent does not just push in a form related to the bank account? 

I was also sure that I could get the gen about the medical and other stuff from fellow retirees whilst I am on site so to speak.

Most of the issues that worry you do not apply when applying for a Non O visa for retirement through Immigration. If you do not intend to get a permanent address, that can be an issue. At many immigration offices, they will insist on seeing that you have a fixed address before issuing you with a visa or extension. However, they may accept an explanation that you are temporarily using hotels until you can find a suitable long term rental.

• Like 2

On 8/13/2022 at 3:00 PM, proton said:

The best is one that gets you an extension from the province you actually live in, you will still need an address and a bank account. You only need an agent if you do not have the funds or are too lazy or daft to fill out one form and wait a while.

You don’t have to be daft or lazy to use an agent.

I use one not because I don’t meet the requirements but for convenience and the service.

Its the same reason I fly business class rather than economy, use the private hospital system rather than government system and stay in four or five star hotels rather than two star.

Perhaps try it some time.