Any idea about the Import Duty for a LifePo4 battery?

The CIF is Cost, Insurance, Freight. You pay duty on everything, then VAT on the total ???? 

It's like this globally so not just a Thai "issue", many don't understand where the "excessive" duty and tax comes from.

At least when buying from a local seller that's all handled before you see the price.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Crossy said:

The CIF is Cost, Insurance, Freight. You pay duty on everything, then VAT on the total ???? 

It's like this globally so not just a Thai "issue", many don't understand where the "excessive" duty and tax comes from.

At least when buying from a local seller that's all handled before you see the price.

Thx

What then about the import duty on Inverters? Same Same?

• Like 1

The only thing I would add is that according to the Integrated Tariff Database an import permit is required from the Department of Industrial Works.

That's probably less of a problem for small items and more of a problem for whole pallets.

• Like 1

I contacted nRuit in China about their 9kWh LFP batteries they quoted me 57k ex factory- I would have to arrange shipping from the factory in China and Thai import duties 

97B77A81-1277-4BF2-8FDB-B7CCEDECD926.jpeg.ecfcb09d11540d29bb0c6a18ab630317.jpeg

A Thai YouTuber I know quoted me ฿68,000 to Bangkok and another ฿1,500 to Surin.

https://www.facebook.com/CaptDIY/

88C267B0-5ACB-4AD9-A351-2F9BD8A335EE.thumb.jpeg.0c2eed4f340615af11204fa14a0c5689.jpeg

Edited by Bandersnatch